Shipping notifications keep customers updated on the delivery of an order they placed with your shop. The notifications contribute to a positive customer experience and help minimize shipping inquiries for your customer service team.
Why Use Postscript for Sending Shipping Notifications
- Keep customers up-to-date with shipping notifications.
- Dress up plain shipping notifications with exciting copy, GIFs, and emojis to match the voice and personality of your brand.
- Provide customers with follow-up instructions, such as links on how to use your product or a reminder to tag you on social.
Create a Shipping Update Automation Flow
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Flow Builder.
- Select Create Flow in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Use a template or select Create a new flow.
- Choose Automation as your flow type. Then click Create Flow.
- Name the automation. Choose a name that will allow you to easily identify and track this flow in the future.
Select a trigger. A trigger is an action that will kick off the flow. In the example above, the flow will trigger once the subscriber's order has shipped.
- Order Created. Notifies the customer that you've received their order request.
- Order Delivered. Notifies the customer when the shipping company has delivered their order.
- Order Fulfilled. Notifies the customer that the order has been handed to the shipping carrier for final delivery
- Order in Transit. Notifies the customer you have shipped their order.
- Add a trigger filter. Trigger filters can help you fine-tune when an automation is triggered. The example above will only send to a subscriber whose shipped order includes a shampoo item.
- Add a subscriber frequency filter. The subscriber frequency filter allows you to choose how often a subscriber can enter a given automation flow for a certain period of time. The example above will only allow subscribers to enter this flow every 14 days.
- Save. Select Save in the bottom right corner of the Automation properties editor.
- Add actions. You can begin building your flow by dragging and dropping a Send Message action, a Delay, an A/B Split, or a Wait for Event Split. Welcome
- When adding a Send Message action to your automation flow, you may consider using some of our message enhancements located in the bottom right corner of the Message Editor to spruce things up.
- Add emojis by clicking the square smiley face icon.
- Add merge tags like subscriber first name, your shop link, or your shop name by clicking the overlapping tags icon.
- Add a Postscript-generated coupon by clicking the percentage icon.
- Add a Shopify-generated coupon and discount link by clicking the hyperlink icon. Note: Links and tags are trigger-specific. Not all link or tag options will be visible for all trigger types. For example, a shipment tracking link can only be added if the automation flow trigger is Order in Transit.
If you're ready for subscribers to begin receiving your flow immediately or if you'd like to schedule when the flow will begin allowing subscribers to enter, select Schedule or Activate in the top-right corner of the page. You have two options when sending a flow:
- Activate immediately: This option will immediately begin the flow allowing subscribers to enter the automation based on the selected properties.
- Activate at a scheduled time and date: Choose when you'd like the flow to begin allowing subscribers to enter.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.