Coupons are a great way to reward subscribers who've opted into SMS or re-engage subscribers and customers who haven't purchased in a certain amount of time.
About Postscript Coupons
Postscript coupons let you include unique, single-use offers in an automation, keyword, or popup message. At this time, only Shopify coupons can be added to a campaign. With a Postscript coupon, you can offer a fixed amount or percentage off or a shipping discount.
Postscript coupons automatically flow through to Shopify. You do not need to activate these coupons—they're live and ready for your customer to redeem.
How Postscript Coupons Benefit You
- Create an SMS VIP experience with codes unique to specific messages and subscribers.
- Postscript coupons allow your brand to offer flexible, unique coupons without an expiration date or minimum purchase amount.
- Alternatively, you can create unique coupons with restrictions to specific collections, products, minimum purchase amounts, or expiration dates.
- Auto-apply a Postscript coupon during the checkout process when your shop URL and coupon code are included in a message.
Add Postscript Coupon to a Message
- On your message editor page, select the % icon in the bottom right corner.
- From here, you can define the characteristics of your coupon:
Discount Type. Choose from percent, dollar amount, or free shipping.
- Note: At this time, a free shipping option will apply to any shipping option offered in your shop regardless of cost.
- Discount Value. For percent and dollar amount, define the value.
- Applies To. Choose whether to apply the coupon to your entire product catalog, specific product, or a specific collection.
Restrictions. Set a minimum spend requirement for coupon usage (i.e., Get 15% off orders $50 or more!)
- Note: If you are creating a collection-specific coupon with a minimum spend requirement, that minimum spend must be from that specific collection.
- Expires. Set an expiration date for the coupon. Options include minutes, hours, and days.
- Discount Type. Choose from percent, dollar amount, or free shipping.
- Select Save.
Locate a Shopify Collection ID
If you want to apply a discount to a Shopify collection, you'll need your collection ID. You can locate this information in Shopify.
- Select Products in the side menu of your Shopify dashboard, then select Collections.
- Locate and select your desired Collection.
- Your collection ID is in the URL. In the above example, the collection ID is 73617932346.
View Postscript Coupons in Shopify
- Select Discounts in the side menu of your Shopify dashboard.
- Each coupon will be grouped according to the offering. In the example above, you'll notice two listed options - Inbound Response 15_percent_coupon and Inbound Response 10_percent_coupon.
- You can disable the discount category and all unique one-time coupons issued by clicking into a group and selecting Deactivate in the top-right corner of the page.
- You can disable unique one-time coupons by selecting View all codes toward the top of the page. Locate and select the checkbox to the left of the code(s) you wish to delete, then select Delete Code from the Actions drop-down.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.