Flow Builder's feature set allows your shop to easily visualize and build your flow, perfect the timing of message sending, and increase subscriber engagement. With this feature, you can also tag subscribers based on their responses to previous event branching interactions.
How Adding or Removing Subscriber Tags Benefits You
- Tag subscribers based on their response to a previously-received interactive text message in order to craft more personalized future automation flows.
- Create hyper-targeted flows based on subscriber information and responses to previous SMS interactions with your brand.
How to Add or Remove Subscriber Tags in Automation Flows
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Flow Builder.
- Create and name your automation flow. Choose a name that will allow you to easily identify and track this automation in the future.
- Set up Event Branching for your automation by dragging and dropping the Wait For Event Split icon under your initial message, selecting an event (e.g. Subscriber Response or Order Created), choosing a max wait time, and adding your branching options. For more information on how to set up Event Branching, see here.
- Craft your branching messages. Under each branch, drag and drop the Update Subscriber icon. Tip: You can also use our duplicate tool to duplicate the Update Subscriber action under each branch.
- Within the Update Subscriber Properties editor, you can choose to add or remove a subscriber tag based on the subscriber's action by clicking the dropdown under Subscriber Tags.
- Enter the tag that you would like to add to or remove from your subscriber's profile based on their action, then click Save in the bottom right of the editor.
- Note: subscribers are tagged and recalled verbatim what you enter into this field. This includes capitalization and special characters.
Once you've added the Update Subscriber icon to each of your branches, select Schedule or Activate in the top-right corner of the page. You have two options when sending a flow:
- Activate immediately: This option will immediately begin the flow allowing subscribers to enter the automation based on the selected properties.
- Activate at a scheduled time and date: Choose when you'd like the flow to begin allowing subscribers to enter.
Recalling Subscriber Tags
Once you launch your automation and begin tagging subscribers, you can recall subscriber tags in Segments or on individual subscriber profiles.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.