Tip: Select any of the images or GIFs in this article for a closer look.
Postscript coupons make it easy for you to add discounts to messages, but we understand that some promotions might require a bit more specificity. That's why we've made it easy to add Shopify coupons and discount codes to your Postscript campaigns and automations.
About Shopify Coupons
Shopify coupons allow you to offer customers a discount with a fixed or percentage amount, or a shipping discount. You can also specify coupon expiration dates or which products qualify for the discount.
When to Use Shopify Coupons
- You want to include an expiration date for the coupon.
- You want to set a limit on the number of times customers can redeem a particular coupon.
- You want to define a minimum order amount needed for a customer can use the coupon.
- You want to specify which products a customer can use a coupon on.
- You want to specify your "free shipping" option.
- You want to create a "Buy Y and Get X" promotional experience.
Access Shopify Coupons
- From your Shopify dashboard, select Discounts on the left side of the page. Here you can view active and expired coupon codes.
- Create a new coupon by selecting Create discount in the top-right corner of the page.
- View or edit an existing coupon code by selecting it from the listing. On the coupon code details page, you can view a summary of the coupon on the right side of the page.
Use Shopify Coupons in Postscript Messages
How Shopify Coupons Function in Postscript
There are a few reasons you might choose to use a Shopify coupon over Postscript.
- You can make Shopify coupons more specific. As mentioned above, you can designate an expiration date, create coupons for specific items only, or exclude specific products from a promotion.
- You can use Shopify coupons in campaigns. Since Postscript coupons generate a unique code for each person who receives that text, they are not available to be used in campaigns. But you can use Shopify coupons.
- Postscript still captures click-through rates. You can still view click-through rates for automations and campaigns with Shopify coupons on your Postscript dashboard.
- Coupons auto-apply to a customer's cart upon clicking the link in the text. Customers no longer need to remember the code to use it at checkout--Postscript streamlines the process.
View Coupon Revenue Data
You can view specific coupon performance by selecting the coupon in the Discounts section of your Shopify account.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.
Are you BFCM ready? Gear up for the 2022 holiday season with our Ultimate BFCM Planner for SMS Marketers! Get your copy here.