Postscript allows you to customize a subdomain for your short link (i.e., myshop.pscrpt.io) via your Account Settings page. By customizing your subdomain, you can:
- Create a cohesive brand experience from site to SMS thread.
- Promote clicks by showing your audience the authenticity of the short links when you include your brand name.
- By including your brand name in your subdomain, subscribers know what to expect when clicking on a link (i.e. they will be directed to your site).
Customize Your Short Link Subdomain
- Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Settings
- Enter your desired subdomain in the Update Short Link Subdomain field.
- Select Update Short Link to save your changes.
Before You Go
Check out some frequently asked questions about customizing your short link below:
- Can I change the link shortening domain to anything? Shops will only be able to add or edit a subdomain for pscrpt.io. Uniqueness will also be enforced so that no two shops can share the same link shortening. Lastly, when creating your subdomain, be sure to abide by SHAFT criteria to avoid filtering from carriers.
- My subdomain is tiny.ps and I’ve printed a tiny.ps short link on marketing materials or used a tiny.ps short link outside of messaging. Will I have to update these links now? No, tiny.ps will continue to redirect appropriately. While tiny.ps is still supported, we discourage the use of this short link domain because at some point in the near future, we will decommission its use.
- My subdomain is tiny.ps and I'd like to change it to myshop.pscrpt.io. How can I make this change? You can request this change by contacting our support team at email@example.com or chat with us by clicking the black chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the app.
- Have you already sent out your branded contact card? If not, encourage your subscribers to save your digital business card to promote conversational commerce and deliverability. Learn how here.
- Did you know you can customize your attribution windows so you can better understand your SMS conversions? Learn more about tracking here.
- Ready to set up your global UTM parameters to track traffic to your site from your SMS automations and campaigns? Here's how you can get started.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.