Postscript allows you to define your own global UTM parameters for campaigns, automation, responses, and all other links. By default, you will have utm_medium, utm_source, and utm_campaign available for tracking. Additionally, you can add custom parameters to track.
UTM parameters are snippets of code attached to the end of a URL that allow you to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns and pinpoint specific sources of traffic to your website.
Specifying parameters enables you to generate very specific data points in Google Analytics. For example, by using the parameter of utm_medium as SMS, you can view the amount of traffic generated by your SMS marketing efforts.
With UTM parameters, you can:
- Get an understanding of how much of your traffic is being generated from your SMS program.
- Gain insight into your SMS-generated traffic by establishing parameters for your automation flows, campaign flows, or legacy automations and campaigns.
- Easily add your SMS tracking to your existing Google Analytics reporting.
Adjust Your Global UTM Parameters
- Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Tracking.
- Locate the Adjust Global UTM Parameters and make your desired changes.
Add custom parameters (optional). You have the option to define additional UTM parameters if you are familiar with them.
- For example, you can set utm_medium as SMS. This allows you to break out traffic generated from your SMS campaigns from traffic generated through social and email marketing efforts.
- Save any changes that you have made.
- Have you already sent out your branded contact card? If not, encourage your subscribers to save your digital business card to promote conversational commerce and deliverability. Learn how here.
- Create and send subscribers your contact card to encourage them to save your contact information and promote conversational commerce. Learn how to create your contact card here.
- Interested in better understanding your SMS conversions? Get started with customizing your attributions here.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.