With a browse abandonment automation, you can easily re-engage shoppers who have browsed items in your shop but never put an item in their cart or started the checkout process.
How Browse Abandonment Benefits You
- Re-engage a potential sale, remind subscribers of their initial interest, and link them back to your shop!
- Provide shoppers with important information about a particular product to help nudge them closer to that sale.
- Invite shoppers to interact with your shop via text. Answer questions they might have and create a virtual personalized shopping experience.
What You Need to Know
- Browse abandonment flows send after a cookied subscriber browses your shop.
- Due to how cookied sessions are captured, it may take a shopper up to 30 minutes to enter your automation flow after they've abandoned their browsing session.
- Subscribers can only enter a browse abandonment flow once every 72 hours. This guardrail is put in place to protect your subscribers from an excess of messages and keep your unsubscribe rates low.
- The Browse Abandonment automation will not be triggered for products that are out of stock. However, Browse Abandonment works at the product level. This means if a product has multiple variants, and one or more variants are in stock, the automation will still be triggered for a subscriber that viewed an out-of-stock variant.
- At this time, browse abandonment automations follow the same guidelines as abandoned cart automation flows:
- Subscribers can only receive one message after abandonment.
- This message should send within 48 hours of the browsing session.
Create a Browse Abandonment Automation Flow
- How long is a browsing session? Browsing sessions are captured in 30-minute intervals. In other words, it can take up to 30 minutes for a subscriber to enter a browse abandonment automation. You may wish to take this into consideration when setting message wait delays. For example, if you wish for a subscriber to receive their automation 2 hours after initiating a browsing session, then you would set the Delay to 90 minutes instead of 2 hours.
- Why does my test message not contain a live link? Unlike other test messages, a browse abandonment test message will not include a live link. This is because your test message wasn't triggered by a browsing session. Messages sent to your subscribers, however, will contain a live link based on their browsing session.
- Are Browse Abandonment flows required to adhere to quiet hours? Yes. Postscript adheres to TCPA-defined quiet hours for flows. Flow messages scheduled to send outside these quiet hours will send during the next waking hours window. Learn more about quiet hours here.
- How can I copy or clone an existing flow? In the Flows view, find the flow you'd like to clone. Select the three-dot icon to the far right of an activated or drafted flow and select copy flow from the options listed.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.