Growing your subscriber list is an essential part of a strong SMS strategy, and Postscript offers several creative ways to add SMS list growth opportunities throughout your marketing efforts.
In this article, we are going to introduce growing your list using keywords.
Keywords truly are one of the easiest ways to grow your subscriber list. You can include a keyword in a website banner or popup, social media campaigns, emails, printed marketing materials, videos, and more.
Here's how keywords work:
- You create a keyword (ex: TOTHEMOON10) and assign it a coupon code for 10% off.
- You share this keyword with your customers, social media followers, and other potential subscribers.
- These individuals text TOTHEMOON10 to your dedicated toll-free number or short code.
- Each individual receives an opt-in confirmation and the 10% coupon code to use in your store.
Share Your Keyword
You have several options when it comes to sharing your keywords. We review a few of these options below.
Think outside the box when it comes to keywords. They're incredibly versatile, which means you can use them almost anywhere.
- Print keywords on inserts included in shipped orders.
- Put keywords in your email signature.
- Say keywords in live videos, radio ads, or podcast spots.
- Print keywords on stickers, business cards, or other materials for events.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store. This language needs to appear beneath your keyword or call to action (e.g., Text "DOGGONE" to 54631)
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
You should now be all set to grow your subscriber list with keywords!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.