With Postscript, you can create an opt-in link that directs all desktop users to a Shopify landing page where they can enter their phone number to opt-in to SMS marketing from your shop.
Shopify allows you to make changes to these pages using a basic page editor. If you want to make custom changes to these pages, you will need to do so from the liquid code file for the page. This lives in Shopify.
In this article, we walk you through how to access the file where you can make these changes.
Locate Your Landing Page URL in Postscript
When you create an opt-in link or QR code in Postscript, you tie it to a specific keyword. Postscript stores all short links and QR codes that you create on the keyword page, along with the link to the Shopify landing page for the specific keyword.
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Keywords.
- Locate and select your desired Keyword.
- Scroll to the Short Links and QR Codes section.
- Locate your landing page URL beneath this heading. You'll need this URL to locate the Shopify liquid file for customization.
- In this example, the page is https://postscript-roots.myshopify.com/pages/ohjoy-subscribe-page
Locate Your Landing Page Liquid File in Shopify
You can access the code for your landing page in Shopify. There you'll be able to make custom changes to the way the page displays. If you are unfamiliar with code, then we recommend enlisting the help of your development team.
- Select Online Store in the side menu of your Shopify dashboard, then select Themes.
- Locate the Actions drop-down for your current theme, then select Edit code from the options listed.
- In your code library, scroll to the Templates folder in the left menu.
- Locate the liquid code file for your keyword page.
- In this example, the file is page.postscript-OHJOY-subscribe.liquid
- Make edits to the code on this page to change how your opt-in page displays.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.