Keywords truly are one of the easiest ways to grow your subscriber list. You can include a keyword in a website banner or popup, social media campaigns, emails, printed marketing materials, videos, and more.
Shops on the Starter plan can have two keywords, while shops on a Growth plan or higher can create as many keywords as makes sense for their brand. Learn how to create new keywords below.
Create a Keyword
Your Keywords page allows you to view and edit existing keywords. You can see, at-a-glance, the number of times subscribers have responded with a specific keyword, how many orders a keyword has generated, and the keyword's overall earnings.
Stores on a dedicated toll-free number or short code can create unlimited keywords, even keywords used by other brands. For example, multiple drink brands can use the keyword THIRSTY. Stores on a Postscript's Starter plan can create 2 keywords.
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Keywords.
- Select Create Keyword in the top-right corner of the page.
Name your keyword. Aim for something that explains what the keyword is for and any coupon included. For example:
- FLOWER20. A flower store with a 20% off coupon code.
- LABORDAY15. A store running a Labor Day Sale with a 15% off coupon code.
- BIKINI15. A women's swimwear store with a 15% off coupon code.
- POSTSCRIPTSMS. A code that includes the brand name.
- Choose whether to enable Include Coupon in Reply.
- We highly recommend you include a coupon with your keyword.
- To do so, select Yes from the drop-down and then enter the amount of the discount and whether is a percent or dollar value.
- Select Save Keyword.
- You can customize your keyword reply and add additional actions via + Add Action if desired.
We encourage you to put your brand's heart and voice in these messages as it could be the first message your subscribers get from you. You can use GIFs, images, and emojis, if applicable.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.