We're taking message scheduling to the next level! Remember, Campaign Flows allow you to create several campaign messages within a single flow. With our scheduling feature, you can choose the specific date and time at which you'd like to send each individual message within a flow to your subscribers.
Why Schedule Campaign Messages?
- Timing is key. By scheduling each individual message, you have more control over sending the right messages at the right times.
- Set it and forget it. With our scheduling feature, you can maintain precision and control of timing by having your campaigns run in the background on a set schedule so you can focus on other parts of your busy day.
How to Schedule Campaign Messages
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Flow Builder.
- Select Create Flow in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select a template or create a new flow, then Continue in the bottom right.
- Whether you are choosing a template or are creating a new flow, be sure to select Campaign as your flow type. Then select Create flow.
- Configure your campaign properties. Then, drag the Delay icon from the Drag & drop menu to the Drag Step Here bubble in the flow you're building.
Set your delay with one of the three options available.
- Delay For an amount of time is a fixed interval. This option allows you to send your message after a specific interval of time (e.g. Delay sending this message until after a 5-minute delay or after a 5-week delay).
- Delay Until a specific date allows you to choose the exact date and time that you'd like to send each individual campaign message (e.g. Delay sending this message until December 20th, 2022 at 4:00 PM).
- Delay Until a certain time of the week allows you to choose a day of the week and a time of day that you'd like to send each of your flow messages (e.g. Delay sending these messages until Sundays at 2:00 PM).
- Save your delay settings by clicking the purple Save in the bottom right of the Delay editor.
Delay Use Cases
You can use the Delay For an Amount of Time option for expiring deals or promotions. Check out the example below. The shop uses the fixed interval delay to notify subscribers that their sale is ending and to act before it's too late.
Create noise around upcoming sales with the Delay Until a Specific Date option. In the example below, the shop sends out an initial campaign notifying subscribers to stay tuned for something special coming May 20th. The shop delayed their sale announcement message until May 20th at 9:00AM.
With the Delay Until a Certain Day of the Week option, you can send regular weekly campaigns that offer insight into sales, tips, or promotions. In the example below, the shop sends out weekly sales updates to an engaged segment. Tip: Use our Duplicate tool to make adding weekly messages and delays easy.
Schedule a Message According to Susbcriber Timezone
Shops on Postscript's Professional and Enterprise plans have the ability to schedule messages according to subscribers' timezone. You can learn more about Postscript plans or upgrade your plan here.
When adding Actions to your flow, choose your delay and then toggle on the Use subscriber's timezone option. Be sure to save your action by selecting the purple Save button in the lower-right of the delay editor.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.