Automations run automatically in the background and are a great way to keep customers engaged. With Flow Builder, you can schedule individual messages, limit the frequency of how often a subscriber can enter your Abandoned Cart flow, and take advantage of Subscriber Event Splits. An Add to Cart abandonment flow allows you to:
- Re-engage a potential sale by reaching out to the subscriber with a direct link to their cart.
- Provide a little extra incentive with a higher discount or special offer to close that sale.
- Target high intent site visitors that haven't began the checkout process, but have added products to their cart or bag.
Create an Add to Cart Abandonment Flow
- Select Messaging on the left-side navigation panel of your Postscript Dashboard.
- Select Automations then select Create Automation in the upper right corner.
- Select the Create Automation Flow option, then choose Create a new automation. Select Create flow in the bottom right of the module.
- Name the automation. Choose a name that will allow you to easily identify and track your abandoned cart flow in the future.
Set up your automation properties:
- Define the automation trigger. A trigger is an action that will begin the automation flow. Use the trigger Product Added to Cart.
- Add trigger filters. Trigger filters can help you fine-tune when an automation is triggered. For example, you can choose to only trigger an this automation if the subscriber added a product to their cart that's a part of your Fall Exclusive collection.
- Add an Entry Filter. The subscriber frequency filter allows you to choose how often a subscriber can enter a given automation flow for a certain period of time.
- Add a Cancellation trigger. Select Order Created as your cancellation trigger. Once a subscriber creates an order, you want them removed from this flow. For context, if a subscriber comes back to their cart an hour after they abandon it to complete their order and your abandoned cart flow is scheduled to send 2 hours after abandonment, then this subscriber will not receive the message because they already created an order.
- Save. Select Save in the bottom right corner of the properties editor.
- Add actions to your flow. You can begin building your flow by dragging and dropping a Send Message action, Add to Flow, a Delay, an A/B Split, or a Subscriber Event Split.
- When adding a Send Message action to your automation flow, you may consider using some of our message enhancements located in the bottom right corner of the Message Editor to spruce things up.
- Add emojis by clicking the square smiley face icon.
- Add merge tags like abandoned cart link, subscriber first name, your shop link, or your shop name by clicking the overlapping tags icon. Note: In order for a coupon to auto-apply at checkout, please include the abandoned cart link and a coupon in your text message.
- Add a Postscript-generated coupon by clicking the percentage icon.
- Add a Shopify-generated coupon and discount link or a checkout link by clicking the hyperlink icon. Note: Links and tags are trigger-specific. Not all link or tag options will be visible for all trigger types.
If you're ready to send your flow, select Schedule or Activate in the top-right corner of the page. You have two options when sending a flow:
- Activate immediately: This option will immediately begin the flow allowing subscribers to enter the automation based on the selected properties.
- Activate at a scheduled time and date: Choose when you'd like the flow to begin allowing subscribers to enter.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.