Tip: Select any of the images in this article for a closer look.
Growing your subscriber list is an essential part of a strong SMS strategy, and Postscript offers several creative ways to add SMS list growth opportunities throughout your marketing efforts.
In this article, we are going to introduce growing your list using Klaviyo forms and popups.
Klaviyo forms and popups are effective ways to engage people who visit your website. You can create Klaviyo popups and forms for both a desktop and mobile experience, allowing you to capture visitors from various devices.
- Create highly customized or branded popups, forms, and website banners.
- Sync events like SMS click activity and emails opened between Postscript and Klaviyo.
- Create customer segments from specific forms and send targeted welcome series, automations, and campaigns.
Link Your Klaviyo Form or Popup
Before you can start collecting SMS subscribers, you'll need to create a form or popup in Klaviyo that contains a phone number field on a separate step from the email collection field.
After you create the form or popup, you'll need to do two things: ensure Collect SMS consent is selected in your popup/form settings and copy the form or popup ID.
- Phone field. Select the + Step action within your Klaviyo form editor to add a separate step for phone collection to your form or popup. This opens the Phone Number editing menu on the left side of the page.
- SMS Consent. In order for SMS subscribers to flow through to Postscript, you need to make sure you've selected Collect SMS consent.
- Form ID. You can locate the form or popup ID in the URL of the form. You'll need this ID to link the form or popup in Postscript. For this example, the form ID is Tncgmd.
Once you have the form ID, you can link your form or popup in Postscript. Select Add New Form on your Klaviyo integration page, and enter the form ID. Learn more about linking Klaviyo forms and popups here.
Examples of Two-Step Klaviyo Forms and Popups
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
You should now be all set to grow your list with Klaviyo forms and popups! Note: If you followed the instructions here, but do not see phone numbers being added to your Postscript account, please follow the troubleshooting steps here.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.