Tip: Select any of the images in this article for a closer look.
Growing your subscriber list is an essential part of a strong SMS strategy, and Postscript offers several creative ways to add SMS list growth opportunities throughout your marketing efforts.
In this article, we are going to introduce growing your list using Klaviyo forms and popups.
Klaviyo forms and popups are effective ways to engage people who visit your website. You can create Klaviyo popups and forms for both a desktop and mobile experience, allowing you to capture visitors from various devices.
- Create highly customized or branded popups, forms, and website banners.
- Collect email and phone numbers in one interaction.
- Create customer segments from specific forms and send targeted welcome series, automations, and campaigns.
Link Your Klaviyo Form or Popup
Before you can start collecting SMS subscribers, you'll need to create a form or popup in Klaviyo that contains a phone number field.
After you create the form or popup, you'll need to do two things: ensure Postscript is the platform collecting SMS numbers and copy the form or popup ID.
- Phone field. Select the phone field in your form or popup. This opens the Phone Number editing menu on the left side of the page.
- SMS Consent. In order for SMS subscribers to flow through to Postscript, you need to make sure you've selected Do not collect SMS consent. Otherwise, Klaviyo will collect these subscribers and you won't be able to send them messages from Postscript.
- Form ID. You can locate the form or popup ID in the URL of the form. You'll need this ID to link the form or popup in Postscript. For this example, the form ID is KR3KyF.
Once you have the form ID, you can link your form or popup in Postscript. Select Add New Form on your Klaviyo integration page, and enter the form ID. Learn more about linking Klaviyo forms and popups here.
Examples of Klaviyo Forms and Popups
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
You should now be all set to grow your list with Klaviyo forms and popups!
Between now and Cyber Monday, we’re dropping monthly 🔥 resources to help you crush your Q4 marketing goals. Come check out our 2021 Holiday Hub.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.