With Klaviyo forms and popups, you can easily grow your email and SMS subscriber lists in one location. In some cases, you may need some troubleshooting support around Klaviyo issues and we have created this article to walk you through the most common solutions.
- Your Klaviyo popup doesn't appear to be working.
- Your form or popup has been live for a while, but not many people are opting in.
- You are able to collect email subscribers, but phone numbers aren't flowing through to Postscript.
What Might Be Happening
- Particular subscribers may have already subscribed to SMS via other methods (ex: keywords, previous Klaviyo forms or popups, etc.).
- A form or popup might have Klaviyo as a default SMS collector (yes, even if Klaviyo isn't set up to collect SMS!)
- A Klaviyo form or popup may be incorrectly linked in Postscript.
- There might be an issue with your Klaviyo integration setup.
Let's Troubleshoot This Issue
Is your form or popup collecting both phone and email?
Given that Klaviyo initially designed their forms and popups to collect email subscribers, sometimes leaving out the email field and only collecting phone numbers can cause issues with the foundation of the form.
For this reason, we recommend that each form or popup collect both email and phone numbers.
Is your form or popup hosted on a site other than Shopify?
If you have set up a form or popup to appear on a website or page not hosted by Shopify, then you will need to insert the Postscript SDK in the code for that particular page.
When viewing the code for your page, locate the <head> section. Beneath the <head> tag, paste the following code snippet:
<script async src="https://sdk.postscript.io/sdk.bundle.js?shopId=XXXX"></script>
Where you see XXXX, enter your Postscript Store ID. This is not the name of your store, but a numerical number.
You can locate your store ID in your account settings. Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Settings.
Is a particular subscriber already subscribed to SMS?
If you are trying to determine why a particular subscriber hasn't received the confirmation "Reply Y" opt-in text after entering their phone number in a Klaviyo form or popup, check to see whether they are already a subscriber. It could be that they opted in using a previous form, popup, or keyword.
- Navigate to the Search field in the menu of your Postscript dashboard.
- Enter the subscriber's phone number in the field. If they are already a subscriber, they will appear for selection.
Is your integration set up correctly?
You need two API keys--a public and private API key--from Klaviyo in order to set up your Klaviyo integration in Postscript.We recommend you look over our Set Up Your Klaviyo Integration article and ensure you've set your integration up correctly.
Is your form or popup linked in Postscript?
Every form or popup you create in Klaviyo has a form ID (even if it's a popup). You'll need this ID to link the form or popup in Postscript. Having the form ID allows you to do cool things like send a special welcome series for users who opted-in with a particular form or popup.
We walk through linking a Klaviyo form or popup step-by-step in this article.
Is Klaviyo set up as your default SMS collector?
Sometimes Klaviyo gets activated as your primary SMS collector, and as a result, phone numbers don't flow through to Postscript. To troubleshoot this issue, we're going to have you look two places: at the SMS settings and at your individual form or popup.
- On your Klaviyo dashboard, select your shop name in the top-right corner of the page and choose Account from the drop-down list.
- Select Settings from the menu bar at the top of your Account page and choose SMS from the drop-down list.
- Ensure that you do not have SMS configured. This includes having a sending number. If you have a sending number, select the three-dot icon on the far-right of the number's row and select Release Number.
- Confirm your action by selecting Release Number on the popup.
- From your form or popup, select the phone field. This opens the Phone Number editing menu on the left side of the page.
- Under SMS Consent, ensure you've selected Do not collect SMS consent. This allows SMS subscribers to flow through to Postscript. Otherwise, Klaviyo will collect these subscribers and you won't be able to send them messages from Postscript.
Still having issues? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.