At Postscript, we strive to be as transparent as possible with our merchants about how our pricing works. With our usage-based approach to pricing, you:
- Will only be charged for what you send.
- Can review your usage across days, carriers, country, message type, and more
- Can track, control, and predict your spend for each month
In this article, we walk through how sending internationally affects your bill. Please note, "international" is defined as sending to recipients outside of the United States and Canada.
Understanding Your Postscript Bill
Each Postscript bill contains three categories in which we group charges and fees. Let's break these categories down.
- Messaging Fees. Messaging fees reflect the costs of sending SMS and MMS messages using Postscript. Due to current carrier restrictions, we cannot send MMS text messages outside of United States at this time. International sending costs are 10x the SMS usage amount on a shop's selected plan.
- Carrier Fees. Carrier fees are small surcharges that mobile carriers (e.g. Bell, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) charge for sending messages using their networks. Learn more about carrier fees here.
- Recurring Fees. Recurring fees are those fees a shop will pay on a monthly basis. This includes the monthly plan fee, which covers the features available to a shop within Postscript. It can also reflect the cost of a short code, Postscript Plus, or other services.
International Sending Costs
At this time, Postscript does not support sending MMS outside of the United States -- all prices below reflect SMS. Sending an SMS internationally is 10x the US SMS price for your brand’s selected plan. See examples below. To find your brand’s cost per SMS, head here.
Starter plan ($0 monthly platform fee, plus):
$0.015/SMS x 10 for internationally sending x 1,000 messages sent = approximately $150
Growth plan ($100 monthly platform fee, plus):
$0.01/SMS x 10 for internationally sending x 1,000 messages sent = approximately $100
Professional ($500 monthly platform fee, plus):
$0.007/SMS x 10 for internationally sending x 1,000 messages sent = approximately $70
- Did you know special characters and emojis impact character count? Learn more about the impact these have on character count, and ultimately, your bill.
- Interested in learning more about your Postscript Bill and Charges? We've got you covered with this guide.
- Need to brush up on what your Postscript Plan includes? Check out this article for an overview of what's included with each Postscript plan.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.