Flow Builder's feature set allows your shop to easily visualize and build your flow, perfect the timing of message sending, and increase subscriber engagement. With this feature, you can also tag subscribers based on their responses to previous event branching interactions.
How Adding or Removing Subscriber Tags Benefits You
- Tag subscribers based on their response to a previously-received interactive SMS in order to craft more personalized campaign flows in the future.
- Create hyper-targeted flows based on subscriber information and responses to previous SMS interactions with your brand.
How to Add or Remove Subscriber Tags in Campaign Flows
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Flow Builder.
- Create and name your campaign flow. Choose a name that will allow you to easily identify and track this campaign in the future.
- Set up Event Branching for your campaign by dragging and dropping the Wait For Event Split icon under your initial message, selecting an event (e.g. Subscriber Response or Order Created), choosing a max wait time, and adding your branching options. For more information on how to set up Event Branching, see here.
- Craft your branching messages. Under each branch, drag and drop the Update Subscriber icon. Tip: You can also use our duplicate tool to duplicate the Update Subscriber action under each branch.
- Within the Update Subscriber Properties editor, you can choose to add or remove a subscriber tag based on the subscriber's action by clicking the dropdown under Subscriber Tags.
- Enter the tag that you would like to add to or remove from your subscriber's profile based on their action, then click Save in the bottom right of the editor.
- Note: subscribers are tagged and recalled verbatim what you enter into this field. This includes capitalization and special characters.
Once you've added the Update Subscriber icon to each of your branches, select Schedule or Activate in the top-right corner of the page. You have two options when sending a flow:
- Activate immediately: This option will immediately send the campaign flow.
- Activate at a scheduled time and date: Schedule when you'd like to launch this campaign flow.
Recalling Subscriber Tags
Once you launch your campaign and begin tagging subscribers, you can recall subscriber tags in Segments or on individual subscriber profiles.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.