Message analytics gives you an aggregate overview of your message performance broken down into several criterion including revenue, unsubscribes, click-through rate, and more. Available data updates every 15 minutes.
With message analytics, you can:
- View message performance by revenue, total sent, total unsubscribes, unique clicks, and total clicks.
- Understand revenue attributed to each message by day, week, or month.
- Easily digest your analytics in either an interactive chart or an aggregated table.
- Export your message data for your own personal analysis or to use with your data warehouse.
To navigate to your message analytics, select Analytics in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Messages.
On the Messages Analytics page, the data displayed in the graph will depend on the time period and filters you've selected.
- Choose which time frame you wish to view in the top-right corner of the page. Options include Today, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, Last Year, All Time, or you can define a custom date range.
- Organize how data displays by day, week, or month.
- Choose which metrics appear via the select a series drop-down (note: you may select up to two at a time).
- Hover over data points to view the associated exact date and metric value.
- Select the metrics in the visual key beneath the graph to hide certain data lines or make them re-appear.
Similar to the interactive graph above, the data displayed in the data table will depend on the time period and filters you've selected. When you click on a column header, you can sort in ascending or descending order.
- Type. View the message type such as campaign, automation, customer reply, and keyword reply. With automations, the main line shows the total analytics for the series. You can expand the series to view metrics by individual message.
- Name. View the name of the campaign, automation, keyword, etc.
- Total Sent. View the total number of messages sent for a campaign, keyword reply, automation, etc.
- Total Clicks. View the total number of clicks the link(s) included in the message received.
- Unique Clicks. View the total number of first-time clicks the link(s) included in the message received. For example, a subscriber can click the same link two different times. Postscript logs this as two total clicks, but only one unique click.
- Credits Used. If your account was ever on a credit-based billing model, you will see this column. This indicates the total number of credits used to send a specific message. Learn more about message types and credits here.
Click-Through Rate (CTR). View the percentage of clicks the link(s) included in the message received.
- We calculate the click-through rate as (# of clicks) / (# of messages opened) * 100
- Unique CTR. View the percentage of first-time clicks the link(s) included in the message received.
- Orders. View the total number of orders generated from a specific message.
- Revenue. View the total revenue attributed to a specific message. In the case of reply, this is revenue generated from a response to a customer reply.
- Total Unsubscribes. View the number of subscribers who opted out of SMS marketing for your shop via a specific message.
Unsubscribe %. View the percentage of subscribers who opted out of SMS marketing via a specific message.
- We calculate the unsubscribe rate as (# of subscribers) / (# of messages delivered) * 100.
Export Message Analytics
If you wish to run your analysis of this data, you can export it to a spreadsheet by selecting the Export Data button between the graph and data table.
This report will be available to download on your Reports page under the Analytics tab on your left-hand navigation panel.
- Interested in learning about your subscriber analytics tab? We've got you covered with this guide.
- Need to brush up on your popup metrics? Check out this article!
- Want a better understanding of how your overall SMS program is performing? This guide will walk you through how to gauge the health of your SMS program as well as offer levers you can pull to increase the value of your SMS program.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.