About Data Warehouse Push
Data Warehouse Push allows Postscript to automatically send both historical and new data stored in-app, including clicks, order attribution, and more, to your designated data warehouse.
If your organization is currently using a data warehouse that consolidates all of your data from various sources to make queries, visualize data using business intelligence software, and more - you may consider using Postscript’s Data Warehouse Push to automatically send data from Postscript to your data warehouse to expand and utilize your available dataset.
Benefits of Using Postscript with Your Data Warehouse
- Enable an efficient and scalable data pipeline. Automatically receive Postscript-gathered data directly in your data warehouse so you can save time spent consolidating or juggling multiple data locations and focus on growing your business.
- Access up-to-date customer data. Receive information to your warehouse every hour and access the most updated data for your brand. Use your SMS data inside your Business Intelligence software or any other data warehouse to meet your specific business needs.
- Enrich your proprietary data with added Postscript data. Analyze conversions and message performance, get up-to-date click data and other useful marketing signals in order to make more informed business decisions.
How to Enable Data Warehouse Push
- Create a Postscript user within your data warehouse. Each data warehouse provider has unique instructions on how to create a Postscript user. If you have not received these provider-specific instructions already, please request them from your CSM.
- Complete and submit the Postscript Connect form received from your CSM. This form details which data warehouse you’d like to connect to Postscript, where the data should be formatted within your data warehouse, and more.
- Access and view Postscript data in your data warehouse. Once steps 1 and 2 are complete, you can expect your data to begin displaying in your data warehouse within 1 calendar day.
- It’s been one day since completing the onboarding instructions and I do not see the data in my data warehouse. What should I do? Please contact your Customer Success Manager or our wonderful Support team.
- What destinations are supported? Postscript currently supports Google BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS Redshift, and Postgres.
- My data warehouse is not listed as a supported partner. What should I do? Contact your Customer Success Manager if you’d like to export data to a data system that is not listed above.
- What data can I access through Postscript’s Data Warehouse Push? Messages, clicks, order attribution, subscribers, and unsubscribes.
- Does this include historical data? Yes! Historical data is accessible in your data warehouse after the initial push.
- How often does data pass from Postscript into my data warehouse? Postscript sends on-going data on an hourly basis to your data warehouse. Historical data will be pushed to your data warehouse upon the initial push.
- Where can I find the Postscript data in my data warehouse? Your data will be pushed based on where you specified during the onboarding process (step 2).
- Can I customize the data I want to be pushed from Postscript to my data warehouse? At this time, you cannot customize the data you’d like to receive in your data warehouse. Postscript will automatically send messages, clicks, order attribution, subscribers, and unsubscribes.
- How will the data be formatted? Your data will be loaded in normalized data tables, ready for analysis.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.