Rivo is a fully customizable reviews and loyalty platform built specifically for Shopify brands. By integrating Rivo with Postscript, you can:
- Use different Rivo loyalty variables to create segments in Postscript including date of birth, points balance, or VIP tiers.
- Promote and reward specific groups of customers in your Postscript campaigns based on Rivo data.
- Increase subscriber engagement with your SMS messages when you target segments by VIP tier or add your shop referral URL to messages.
In this article, we'll walk you through how to configure the integration, locate Rivo-sourced data in subsciber profiles, and how to create segments based on Rivo data. We also guide you through creating an automation flow, triggered by Rivo events.
Create a Postscript API Key
- Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select API.
- Select Create Security Key Pair on the right side of the page, then confirm your action by selecting Yes.
- Add a label to your API key so you can track where this API key is being used.
- Select Show in the Private Key column to reveal your API key. Copy this key or write it down—you'll need to enter it in Rivo later.
Configure Postscript in Rivo
1. From your Rivo dashboard, select Integrations.
2. Scroll down to the SMS Marketing section and locate Postscript. Then select Configure.
3. Enter your Postscript Private API Key, then select Update Integration.
4. To activate the integration, toggle the switch to the ON position.
Create Segments Based on Rivo Data
- From your Postscript dashboard, select Messaging, then select Segments.
- In the upper-right corner, select the Create Segment button.
- Name your segment, then below Segment Criteria, select the dropdown menu and choose any of the following Rivo properties available:
- Custom field Rivo-Date-of-Birth
- Custom field Rivo-Loyalty-Status
- Custom field Rivo-Points-Balance
- Custom field Rivo-Referral-URL
- Custom field Rivo-VIP-Tier-Name
- Optional: Add additional criteria with the AND and OR parameters.
- Once you've completed customizing your segment, select Save Segment in the lower right corner.
Create a Rivo-Specific Automation
- From your Postscript Dashboard, select Messages; then select Automations.
- Select Create Automation in the upper-right corner. Select Create Automation Flow.
- Select Create a new automation, then Create flow.
- Name your automation. Be sure to use a name that will allow you to easily identify and track this automation in the future.
- Select the dropdown menu under Add a subscriber when, then choose Rivo - loyalty_profile_updated.
- Under Trigger filter, select + Add Filter to add a Rivo property. This allows you to filter the subscribers who will receive your text messages
- Continue customizing your automation flow by dragging and dropping actions into your flow, customizing your message, and adding merge tags.
When you're ready to send your flow, select Schedule or Activate in the top-right corner of the page. You have two options when sending a flow:
- Activate immediately: This option will immediately begin the flow allowing subscribers to enter the automation based on the selected properties.
- Activate at a scheduled time and date: Choose when you'd like the flow to begin allowing subscribers to enter.
Add Rivo Data to Messages
1. From your Postscript dashboard, select Messaging. Then choose either Automations or Campaigns.
2. In the upper-right corner, select the Create button, then choose the Flow option.
3. Choose if you'd like to Use a template or if you'd like to create your campaign or automation new. Then select Continue.
4. Add your automation or campaign properties, then drag and drop the Send Message action into your flow.
5. Select the overlapping tag icons. Under Subscriber Properties, choose any of the Rivo-sourced subscriber properties.
6. Complete the customization of your automation flow or campaign flow message, then select Save to save your message.
7. Once your flow is fully designed, select the Save Changes button in the upper-right corner to save your work. If you are ready to activate yoru flow, select the Schedule or Activate button.
Locate Rivo Data in Subscriber Profiles
You can access a subscriber's profile by entering their phone number in the Search field in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
On the subscriber details page, you can view the Custom Properties assigned to their profile.
Before You Go
- At this time, you can only use loyalty data as message tags in campaign flows and automation flows.
- After a subscriber is added to your SMS list, the loyalty data should be synced from Rivo to Postscript within a few seconds. You can see that loyalty data below Custom Properties on the subscriber's profile page.
- Rivo loyalty data will not show up for all subscribers. Our integration will only send loyalty data to subscribers whose profiles in Shopify have both emails and phone numbers.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.