Subscribers are individuals who have opted in to your SMS marketing efforts. You can send subscribers campaigns, automations, and include them in customer segments.
Postscript makes it easy to look up specific subscribers in your list using the subscriber's phone number. Searching subscribers allows you to:
- Quickly see whether a customer is an active SMS subscriber.
- Access individual subscriber details such as the keyword they used to opt-in, how many messages you have sent them, and whether they've clicked any message links.
- View Shopify customer details associated with the phone number. This includes their total spend, total number of orders, and their last order date.
- Quickly manually unsubscribe a customer who tries to opt-out via email or customer support.
Access Subscriber Details
If you know the number of the subscriber, you can enter it in the Search field in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
On the subscriber details page, you can view general subscriber details and Shopify customer details if the number is associated with a customer account in Shopify. You can also view message history in the phone preview on the right side of the page.
In the Subscriber Details section at the top of the page, you can view:
- The subscriber's status as active or inactive (meaning they are currently opted-in or have opted out)
- Their phone number and subscriber ID
- How they subscribed (source) and when they subscribed
- Assigned subscriber tags (learn more about tags here)
- The last time Postscript sent them a message
- The total number of messages sent to them
- The number of times they have clicked on a link included in a message
- The status of pending replies from the subscriber
In the Shopify Customer Details section at the bottom of the page, you can view:
- The customer's name, customer ID, email, and location
- The total amount they have spent in your store
- Their average spend
- The last time they ordered from your store
- The total number of orders they've placed with your store.
Manually Unsubscribe a Customer
If a customer sends an SMS opt-out request via email or to your customer support team, then you can manually unsubscribe them through their subscriber details page.
- Enter the subscriber's phone number in the Search field in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
- On the subscriber details page, select Opt Out on the far-right of the Subscriber Status row.
- Did you know you can forward subscriber responses to your email or Helpdesk? Here's how!
- Interested in learning more about subscriber opt-in sources? We've got you covered with our guide!
- Need a response-management hack? We've got you covered with our topic and sentiment labels for subscriber responses.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.