When it comes to SMS, subscribers may text you for support regarding products, promotions, or tracking inquiries.
By creating an auto-response to these types of communications, you can:
- Create a dependable brand experience by notifying subscribers that you received their message and by setting response expectations.
- One of the benefits of SMS marketing is consolidating customer interactions to a single text thread (promotions, questions, support, and purchasing). However, consider using an auto-response message to inform subscribers how they can connect with your support team if you do not offer customer support via SMS.
- Set an auto-response message for seasons when support ticket volume is high, or support personnel coverage is low, to promptly and efficiently communicate expectations with subscribers.
Create an Auto-Response Message
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Automations.
- To create a new automation, select Create Automation in the top-right corner of the page, then select Create Automation Flow.
- Select Create a new automation, then select Create flow.
- Name your automation. You also have an option to add a description of this flow under the automation name.
- Within the Automation Properties card, select the dropdown menu under Add a subscriber when and choose Subscriber Response.
Optional: You have several options to help you further customize this automation including:
- Filter event if: Fine-tune when an automation is triggered.
- Include a subscriber only: Narrow down which subscribers can receive an automation.
- Limited subscriber entry: Limit how often a subscriber can enter a flow within a certain period of time.
- Remove subscriber when: Tell Postscript when to remove a subscriber from your flow.
- Once you add your automation properties, be sure to select Save in the bottom-right corner of the card.
- Optional: If you'd like to add a delay, drag & drop the Delay action into your flow. Define your delay, then select Save.
- Drag and drop the Send Message icon into your flow and craft your auto-response message.
- Once your message is crafted, select Save in the bottom-right corner of the card.
- Once your flow is built, select the Save Changes button in the top-right corner. Then select Schedule or Activate to activate your flow immediately or schedule a date and time for it to go live.
- Curious about how you can continue harnessing the power of automation flows? We've got you covered with our Guide to Automation Flows.
- Ready to get started customizing your flows and scaling 1:1 conversations? Check out our guide to Wait for Event Branching.
- Interested in a more targeted approach to your SMS strategy? Learn about how using subscribe tags helps your brand launch a more personalized SMS strategy.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.