We are so excited to announce that you can now view engagement and conversion analytics for your Postscript popups!
What's Changing and When
You can now view impression, engagement, and conversion metrics for both desktop and mobile popups. Postscript popups collecting phone numbers and email will see broken-out conversation metrics for each.
How Popup Analytics Work
On your Popups page, you can view metrics for both enabled and disabled popups. Note that disabled metrics will not update until the popup is enabled again.
With this insight, you can gauge the effectiveness of your various popups. You can compare the type (e.g., mobile vs. desktop, banner vs. fullscreen, etc.), styling (e.g., images vs. solid background, etc.), and offer (e.g., free shipping, 10% off, early access, etc.) and see which drive greater subscriber opt-in.
Let's dig into the available metrics:
- Impressions. The number of visitors that see the full popup (i.e., not the closed version in the lower-left corner of your website).
Engagement. The number of visitors who click into a popup field, type something, or view the popup for 7+ seconds. Clicking closed on a popup does not count as engagement.
- Engagement Rate. We calculate engagement rate as (total impressions) / (# of engagements) * 100.
Phone. The number of SMS subscribers collected using the popup.
- Conversion Rate. We calculate phone conversation rate as (total impressions) / (# of visitors who subscribed to SMS) * 100
Email. The number of email subscribers collected using the popup.
- Conversion Rate. We calculate email conversation rate as (total impressions) / (# of visitors who subscribed to email) * 100
Got Questions? We've Got Answers
What if someone clicks on the closed version of the popup and re-opens the popup?
- If a visitor re-opens a popup, it would count as an impression and an engagement.
Does the conversions metric include unique conversions or all conversions (i.e. if someone enters their email twice, are they counted twice)?
- The conversion metric includes all conversions.
Is the impressions metric the total number of visitor visits or total number of unique visitor visits (i.e., if someone visits our site twice and sees the popup twice, is it counted twice)?
- The impression metric is the total number of visitor visits, meaning a person will count as two impressions if they see the popup twice.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.