Automations allow you to create multi-stage communications triggered by a certain event (e.g., subscribing to texts, abandoning a cart, etc.) Automations run automatically in the background and are a great way to keep customers engaged.
Why You Should Create a Welcome Series Automation
- Welcome a subscriber to your brand and your SMS experience.
- Establish the voice and character of your brand.
- Offer a welcome promotion code.
- Educate your subscribers on your brand and mission.
- Invite subscribers to add you to their contact list by including a contact card.
Create a Welcome Series Automation
Define Your Automation Behavior
- Select Automations in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
- Select Create Automations in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Custom Automation.
- Want to use a template? Go for it! You can search for our Welcome Series template in the search field in the top-right corner of the page. The template comes loaded with the correct triggers and a basic message to get you started.
- Give your automation a Name. If you're creating specific Welcome Series for different sources (e.g., a giveaway form, a specific keyword, etc.), you might want to include that in the name.
- Select Subscriber Created (Popup, Keyword, API) from the Automation Trigger drop-down.
- Under Cancellation Trigger, select Yes. Set your cancellation trigger as Checkout Started.
- Why? Once a subscriber starts the checkout process, they move into your abandoned cart automation flow. Creating a cancellation trigger ensures they don't receive too many messages.
- Select Save & Continue to Messages in the bottom-right corner of the page.
Create Your Automation Message
- On the message screen, you can customize one or more messages in your welcome series.
- What can you customize?
- Add a tag that will be replaced with a subscriber's name in the text.
- Provide a discount code.
- Link to your store.
- Add images or GIFs.
- Include emojis.
- Set how long each message should wait before sending.
Once you Save your welcome series, make sure to select the Enabled toggle to turn the automation on.
Please note that including images, GIFS, and/or emojis will affect the number of available message characters, the message type, and the credits a message costs to send. You can learn more about credits and message types here.
- Fantastic Texts. Need some inspiration? Check out some real-life customers and how they interact with their subscribers. Here are some examples of Welcome Series messages.
- Create a Custom GIF. Want to create a GIF that features your products? It's easy. Learn how in this article.
- 2021 SMS Emoji Trends Report. Learn about the most used and top-trending emojis based on analyzing millions of text messages. 👇 😍 🔥 👉 🎉 ✨ 🛍️ 🎁 🚨😇 💅 🦋 💞 😅😛 🦅🏌 ☎️ 🍃 ⚾ 👔
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.