Subscriber analytics allow you to have a more in-depth understanding of your subscribers, their behavior, and the success of your various opt-in sources. Available data updates every 15 minutes.
With subscriber analytics, you can:
- View subscriber opt-in performance both periodically and cumulatively.
- Understand revenue attributed to each opt-in source during a periodic or cumulative timeframe.
- Easily digest your analytics in either an interactive chart or an aggregated table.
- Export your subscriber data for your own personal analysis or to use with your data warehouse.
To navigate to your subscriber analytics, select Analytics in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Subscribers.
On the Subscribers Analytics page, the data displayed in the graph will depend on the time period and filters you've selected.
- Choose which time frame you wish to view in the top-right corner of the page. Options include Today, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, Last Year, All Time, or you can define a custom date range.
- Organize how data displays by day, week, or month, and which metrics you wish to view (e.g., periodic vs. cumulative, revenue vs. subscriber).
- Select your viewing preference. You can choose a line graph or bar chart by selecting the Bar or Line button in the upper-right corner below the date ranges.
- Hover over data points to view the associated date and metric value.
- Click on opt-in sources in the visual key beneath the graph to hide certain source lines or make them re-appear.
Similar to the interactive graph above, the data displayed in the data table will depend on the time period and filters you've selected. When you click on a column header, you can sort in ascending or descending order.
- Opt-In Source. View various active opt-in sources. Examples include specific desktop or mobile popups, keywords, Shopify checkout, and manual upload. Learn more about subscriber sources here.
- Subscribers. View the total number of all-time subscribers who have opted-in via a specific opt-in source. This number includes subscribers who have since opted out of your SMS program.
- Orders. View the number of orders generated from a specific opt-in source.
- Revenue. View total revenue attributed to a specific opt-in source.
- Messages Sent. View the number of messages Postscript has sent to subscribers who opted-in via a specific opt-in source.
- Messages Received. View the number of messages received from subscribers who opted-in via a specific opt-in source. For example, an interactive keyword might have higher engagement and messages than another, more standard opt-in keyword.
Revenue per Subscriber. View the average amount of revenue attributed to each subscriber.
- We calculate revenue per subscriber as (total revenue) / (# of subscribers) * 100
Earnings per Message (EPM). View the average amount of revenue attributed to each message.
- We calculate earnings per message as (total revenue) / (# of messages delivered) * 100
Export Subscriber Analytics
If you wish to run your analysis of this data, you can export it to a spreadsheet by selecting the Export Data button between the graph and data table.
This report will be available to download on your Reports page under the Analytics tab on your left-hand navigation panel.
- Interested in learning more about your Messaging analytics tab? We've got you covered with this guide.
- Need to brush up on your popup metrics? Check out this article!
- Want a better understanding of how your overall SMS program is performing? This guide will walk you through how to gauge the health of your SMS program as well as offer levers you can pull to increase the value of your SMS program.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.