Postscript integrates with Blotout, allowing you to share information between the two solutions. By configuring this integration, you can pass more custom events such as PageView or AddShippingInfo to Postscript.
In this article, we'll walk you through how to configure the integration, detail the available events, and guide you through how to create a cart recovery automation.
Create a Postscript API Key
- Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select API.
- Select Create Security Key Pair on the right side of the page, then confirm your action by selecting Yes.
- Add a label to your API key so you can track where this API key is being used.
- Select Show in the Private Key column to reveal your API key. Copy this key or write it down—you'll need to enter it in Blotout later.
Connecting Postscript to Blotout
- Once you've installed Blotout in your Shopify store, navigate to your list of Marketing Channels within the Blotout application.
- Locate and select Postscript.
- Name the integration, then enter the private API Key you generated in earlier.
- Select Save.
Build a Blotout-Specific Automation Flow
- From your Postscript Dashboard, select Messages; then select Automations.
- Select Create Automation in the upper-right corner. Select Create Automation Flow.
- Select Create a new automation, then Create flow.
- Name your automation. Be sure to use a name that will allow you to easily identify and track this automation in the future.
- Select the dropdown menu under Trigger event or property, then choose your Blotout trigger.
- Select + Add Filter under Subscriber filter. Choose Currently in Automation Flow, then choose does not include as the following parameter.
- In the final dropdown under Subscriber filter, select any cart events related to the Blotout trigger. For example, if the Blotout trigger is Blotout - AddToCart, be sure to list any and all activated native Postscript, or other cart recovery automations via other integration, Abandoned Cart automation flows (Note: use the AND connector to list all cart recovery automations under the subscriber filter).
- Continue customizing your automation flow by dragging and dropping actions into your flow, customizing your message, and adding merge tags.
When you're ready to send your flow, select Schedule or Activate in the top-right corner of the page. You have two options when sending a flow:
- Activate immediately: This option will immediately begin the flow allowing subscribers to enter the automation based on the selected properties.
- Activate at a scheduled time and date: Choose when you'd like the flow to begin allowing subscribers to enter.
Understanding Blotout Events
|This is the default pixel tracking page visits.
A person lands on your website pages.
|A visit to a web page you care about (for example, a product page or landing page). ViewContent tells you if someone visits a web page's URL, but not what they see or do on that page.
|A person lands on a product details page.
|When a product is added to the shopping cart.
|A person clicks on an add to cart button.
|When a person enters the checkout flow prior to completing the checkout flow.
|A person clicks on a checkout button.
|When user has submitted their shipping information.
|When payment information is added to the checkout flow.
|A person clicks on a save billing information button.
|When a purchase is made or checkout flow is completed.
|A person has finished the purchase or checkout flow and lands on thank you or confirmation page.
|When a person applies to a start a paid subscription for a product or service you offer.
|A person subscribes to your subscription service.
|When a search is made.
|A person searches for a product on your website.
|When a sign-up is completed.
|A person clicks on pricing.
Important Compliance Information
Carriers enforce policies for abandoned shopping carts and abandoned checkout flows to ensure that their end consumers receive a consistent experience.
All automations related to abandoned shopping carts and abandoned checkouts should:
- Be limited to only one message
- Send the message within 48 hours of the trigger event
This is an industry-wide regulation; these policies are not driven by Postscript and affect every SMS platform. Carriers will block messages sent from non-compliant senders.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.