Postscript brands can collect meaningful dates from subscribers such as anniversaries and birthdays, then store that information in subscriber profiles. To scale a personalized SMS strategy, brands can use that custom data to send date-triggered automations to subscribers.
In this article, we'll discuss you through how to collect custom property dates from subscribers and guide you through how to build a date-triggered automation flow.
Gathering Dates as Custom Properties in Popups
- Within the Form card, you can add a question to your popup.
- Select the Add Question button, and choose Month and day. Their response will be added to their subscriber profile under Custom Properties.
- Within the first field titled Month and day question, craft your question copy (for example: when is your birthday?).
- Under Subscriber property, add the property name you are collecting by either creating a new property or selecting an existing property. You can think of the subscriber property as the main subject of the question (for example: if you ask subscribers when their birthday is, the subscriber property could be "Subscriber_Birth_Dates").
- Be sure to save your popup by selecting the Save button in the upper-right corner. To activate your popup, toggle the Active/Inactive bar in the upper-right.
Build a Date-Triggered Automation Flow
- From your Postscript dashboard, select Messaging, then select Automations.
- Select Create Automation in the upper-right corner. Choose Create Automation Flow.
- Choose Create a new automation, then select Create flow.
- When defining your automation properties, select the dropdown below Trigger event or property. Choose Subscriber date property.
- Under Property name, select the dropdown and choose the subscriber property you've chosen for your subscriber custom property collection (i.e. Subscriber_Birth_Dates).
- Set your send time (Tip! You may consider adjusting your send time according to when your susbcribers are most engaged. For example, in the evening).
- Continue adjusting automation properties and building your flow as desired, saving as needed.
- Everyday, Postscript crawls your shop data to find subscribers that have a value associated with a date-specific custom property (for example, "Subscriber_Birth_Dates").
- When Postscript finds subscribers that do have a value associated with a date-specific custom property, it will look for values that match the current date.
- When the app matches a date custom property with the current date, Flow Builder will enroll those subscribers into the automation and trigger the flow according to the Send time parameter configured in your automation properties.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.