Cordial is a cross-channel messaging platform that allows brands to engage their customer base. Postscript integrates with Cordial allowing you to share information between the two solutions. With our Cordial integration, you can:
- Collect emails with Postscript popups and send them to Cordial.
- Collect custom properties with Postscript popups that forward to Cordial.
In order to integrate Postscript and Cordial, you'll need to create the appropriate API keys. In this article, we'll guide you through how to generate your Cordial Private API key and locate your Path URL.
Generate a Private API Key in Cordial
1. In your Cordial account, select the account dropdown menu in upper-right.
2. Select API Keys.
3. Name your API key and add a description.
4. Select +Add IP Address. In the IP Address field, please enter 0.0.0.0/0 so this key can be used by all IP ranges.
5. Choose to enable or disable API logging and set a specified amount of time you will allow API errors on the Account Monitor page (note: this parameter does not have an effect on the integration, but may be required when creating an API key).
6. Under Permissions, be sure to select the following permission checkboxes under Contacts and Account Lists:
7. Select Generate Key. Copy your API key. You'll also enter this into Postscript later.
Adding Cordial Credentials in Postscript
- Navigate to the Apps section of your Postscript account.
- Locate and select Cordial.
- In the Cordial API Key field, paste the API key from earlier in this article.
- In the Cordial Path URL field, add the path URL associated with your Cordial account. This is found in the URL bar when you are visiting your Cordial admin (For the example, https://<pathURL>.admin.cordial.io/, you will enter the text within the < > brackets into the Cordial Path URL field. Please leave empty if your account uses https://admin.cordial.io.
- Select Save Integration in the upper-right. Upon saving, your Cordial integration will also be activated.
- Your integration with Cordial is all set up.
- Now that your Cordial Integration is set up, you can forward emails collected with Postscript popups to your Cordial account. Learn more about forwarding emails here.
- In addition to forwarding emails to your Cordial account, you can also forward custom properties collected with Postscript popups to Cordial. Here's how you can get started.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.