Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform that allows brands to manage and communicate with their customers. Postscript integrates with Mailchimp allowing you to share information between the two solutions. With our Mailchimp integration, you can:
- Collect emails with Postscript popups and send them to Mailchimp.
- Collect custom properties with Postscript popups that forward to Mailchimp.
In order to integrate Postscript and Mailchimp, you'll need to create the appropriate API keys. In this article, we'll guide you through how to find and generate your Mailchimp credentials and where to add them in Postscript.
Create a Mailchimp API Key
- Navigate to the API Keys section of your Mailchimp account.
- Select Create New Key.
- Name your key. Keep in mind that you’ll see only this name and the first 4 key digits on your list of API keys.
- Select the Generate Key button.
- Once your API key is generated, select Copy To Clipboard. Save your key someplace secure–you won’t be able to see or copy it again. If you lose this key, you’ll need to generate a new key and update the API Key inside Postscript.
Adding Mailchimp Credentials in Postscript
- Navigate to the Apps section of your Postscript account.
- Locate and select Mailchimp.
- In the Mailchimp API Key field, paste the API key you generated earlier in this article.
- In the Mailchimp Data Center field, add the data center associated with your Mailchimp account. This is found in the URL bar when you are visiting your Mailchimp admin. For example, when navigated to your Mailchimp admin, your URL bar may read https://us21.admin.mailchimp.com/. For this example, you will enter us21 into the Data Center field.
- Select Save Integration in the upper-right. Upon saving, your Mailchimp integration will also be activated.
- Your integration with Mailchimp is all set up.
- Now that your Mailchimp Integration is set up, you can forward emails collected with Postscript popups to your Mailchimp account. Learn more about forwarding emails here.
- In addition to forwarding emails to your Mailchimp account, you can also forward custom properties collected with Postscript popups to Mailchimp. Here's how you can get started.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.