Tip: Select any of the images in this article for a closer look.
Growing your subscriber list is an essential part of a strong SMS strategy, and Postscript offers several creative ways to add SMS list growth opportunities throughout your marketing efforts.
In this article, we are going to introduce growing your list using an opt-in link.
About Opt-In Links
When visitors or customers select the link, they're taken to a Shopify landing page where they can enter their phone number and complete the SMS opt-in process.
You can include an opt-in link on your website, in emails, and in social media campaigns. Here are some popular examples:
- Promote a giveaway in an email and link readers to the landing page for entry.
- Direct Instagram followers to the opt-in landing page with a swipe-up story.
- Offer time-sensitive discount codes in social advertisements and link to the landing page.
- Use different opt-in links to track the success of different traffic sources.
Create an Opt-In Link
You can create an opt-in link to use for list growth by selecting Grow List in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
The Grow List page contains various additional methods for growing your list: text to opt-in, convert your email list, and opt-in with a QR code. Each of these methods directs potential subscribers to a landing page where they can opt-in to receive SMS messages from your store.
Locate the Share your opt-in link option and select Get Started to the right of the option.
You can follow the steps provided on the following page to create both your opt-in link and the related landing page.
- Choose a Keyword. We recommend you choose a keyword with a coupon associated with it. Subscribers will be sent this keyword and asked to respond with it to confirm their subscription.
- Create a Shopify Page. Select Create Page to create a landing page where visitors can enter their phone number.
- Set your mobile opt-in message. You can use the auto-generated opt-in message or write your own.
- If your keyword is identical to the shop name included in your message, your link creation will error out. Please use a keyword that is not your exact store name.
Include Compliance Language
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
Between now and Cyber Monday, we’re dropping monthly 🔥 resources to help you crush your Q4 marketing goals. Come check out our 2021 Holiday Hub.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.