Growing your subscriber list is an essential part of a strong SMS strategy, and Postscript offers several creative ways to add SMS list growth opportunities throughout your marketing efforts.
In this article, we are going to introduce growing your list using an opt-in link.
About Opt-In Links
When visitors or customers select the link on desktop, they're taken to a Shopify landing page where they can enter their phone number and complete the SMS opt-in process. On mobile, they will experience a two-touch opt-in.
You can include an opt-in link on your website, in emails, and in social media campaigns. Here are some popular examples:
- Promote a giveaway in an email and link readers to the landing page for entry.
- Direct Instagram or TikTok followers to the opt-in landing page with a swipe-up story.
- Offer time-sensitive discount codes in social advertisements and link to the landing page.
- Use different opt-in links to track the success of different traffic sources.
Create an Opt-In Link
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select List Growth Tools.
- Locate Share Your Opt-In Link and select the Get Started button.
- From the Choose a Keyword drop-down, select the keyword for the landing page you wish to edit (tip: use a unique keyword so you can clearly track list growth attributed to this landing page).
- Add a page title. This title will display on the browser tab when a customer is visiting your website.
- Select Create Page.
- To edit your landing page, select the Edit Page hyperlink to be routed to your Shopify admin where you can edit various elements of your landing page.
- To generate a link to your landing page, select the Get Link button in Step 4 of the landing page generation tool in Postscript then copy the short link to your clipboard.
Don't forget to copy your compliance language at the bottom of the page. If you are sharing the link in places where users are most likely on their mobile device (i.e., Instagram), you will need to include this language as they will not be directed to the compliant landing page.
Include Compliance Language
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.