Growing your subscriber list is an essential part of a strong SMS strategy, and Postscript offers several creative ways to add SMS list growth opportunities throughout your marketing efforts.
In this article, we are going to introduce growing your list using Twitter.
Why You Should Grow Your List with Twitter
- Twitter allows you to create bite-sized, highly-sharable content.
- Share opt-in opportunities in your tweets and encourage followers to share.
- Grow your relationship with your customers and subscribers by engaging them in tweet threads. It's a great way to remind them to opt-in for exciting content.
Link to an Opt-In Form
Linking to a dedicated landing page is a great way to direct both mobile and desktop visitors to a compliant opt-in form where they can enter their phone number.
Share your link in your bio or in a tweet (whether pinned or unpinned). Remember those tweets can be re-tweeted, giving you more reach than just your own feed.
Add an Image with a Call to Action
You can easily share an image with a clear call to action and the necessary compliance language in your Twitter feed. It's a great way to showcase your brand elements while also compliantly collecting subscribers.
Make sure your image includes:
- Your shortcode or phone number.
- Your keyword and call to action.
- Compliant opt-in language that is large enough for your followers to read.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
You should now be all set to grow your list with Twitter!
Between now and Cyber Monday, we’re dropping monthly 🔥 resources to help you crush your Q4 marketing goals. Come check out our 2021 Holiday Hub.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.