Automations allow you to create multi-stage communications triggered by a certain event (e.g., subscribing to texts, abandoning a cart, etc.) Automations run automatically in the background and are a great way to keep customers engaged.
Why You Should Create a Customer Win-back Automation
- Re-engage with customers who haven't purchased in a while.
- Advertise new products or exciting upcoming promotions they might be interested in.
- Let customers know about new offers at your store—free shipping, gift with purchase, etc.
Create a Customer Win-back Automation
Define Your Automation Behavior
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Automations.
- Select Create Automations in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Custom Automation.
- Want to use a template? Go for it! You can search for our Win-back template in the search field in the top-right corner of the page. The template comes loaded with the correct triggers and a basic message to get you started.
- Give your automation a Name. If you're creating specific win-back automations for different categories (e.g., no order in 60 days, no order in 90 days, etc.), you might want to include that in the name.
- Select Order Created from the Automation Trigger drop-down.
- Under Cancellation Trigger, select Yes. Set your cancellation trigger as Order Created.
- Why? Once a subscriber creates an order, you want them removed from receiving additional messages in your win-back flow, if present.
- Select Save & Continue to Messages in the bottom-right corner of the page.
Create Your Automation Message
- On the message screen, you can customize your win-back message(s)
- What can you customize?
- Set the timing of your win-back message (e.g., 60 days, 90 days, etc.)
- Add a tag that will be replaced with a subscriber's name in the text.
- Provide a discount code.
- Include an image or GIF.
- Link to your store.
- Include emojis.
Once you Save your win-back automation, make sure to select the Enabled toggle to turn the automation on.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.