Automations allow you to create multi-stage communications triggered by a certain event (e.g., subscribing to texts, abandoning a cart, etc.) Automations run automatically in the background and are a great way to keep customers engaged.
Why You Should Create a Customer Win-back Automation
- Re-engage with customers who haven't purchased in a while.
- Advertise new products or exciting upcoming promotions they might be interested in.
- Let customers know about new offers at your store—free shipping, gift with purchase, etc.
Create a Customer Win-back Automation
Define Your Automation Behavior
- Select Automations in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
- Select Create Automations in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Custom Automation.
- Want to use a template? Go for it! You can search for our Win-back template in the search field in the top-right corner of the page. The template comes loaded with the correct triggers and a basic message to get you started.
- Give your automation a Name. If you're creating specific win-back automations for different categories (e.g., no order in 60 days, no order in 90 days, etc.), you might want to include that in the name.
- Select Order Created from the Automation Trigger drop-down.
- Under Cancellation Trigger, select Yes. Set your cancellation trigger as Order Created.
- Why? Once a subscriber creates an order, you want them removed from receiving additional messages in your win-back flow, if present.
- Select Save & Continue to Messages in the bottom-right corner of the page.
Create Your Automation Message
- On the message screen, you can customize your win-back message(s)
- What can you customize?
- Set the timing of your win-back message (e.g., 60 days, 90 days, etc.)
- Add a tag that will be replaced with a subscriber's name in the text.
- Provide a discount code.
- Include an image or GIF.
- Link to your store.
- Include emojis.
Once you Save your win-back automation, make sure to select the Enabled toggle to turn the automation on.
Please note that including images, GIFS, and/or emojis will affect the number of available message characters, the message type, and the credits a message costs to send. You can learn more about credits and message types here.
- Fantastic Texts. Need some inspiration? Check out some real-life customers and how they interact with their subscribers.
- Create a Custom GIF. Want to create a GIF that features your products? It's easy. Learn how in this article.
- 2021 SMS Emoji Trends Report. Learn about the most used and top-trending emojis based on analyzing millions of text messages. 👇 😍 🔥 👉 🎉 ✨ 🛍️ 🎁 🚨😇 🦋 💞 😅😛 🦅🏌 ☎️ 🍃 ⚾ 👔
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.