Postscript integrates with Awtomic, allowing you to share information between the two solutions. With Awtomic, brands can generate recurring revenue and keep customers engaged with subscriptions notifications and management. By integrating your Postscript account with Awtomic, you can send contextual notifications to your subscribers so they can easily manage their subscription.
Create a Postscript API Key
- Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select API.
- Select Create Security Key Pair on the right side of the page, then confirm your action by selecting Yes.
- Add a label to your API key so you can track where this API key is being used.
- Select Show in the Private Key column to reveal your API key. Copy this key or write it down—you'll need to enter it in Awtomic later.
Connect Postscript in Awtomic
- From your Shopify admin, under Apps, select Awtomic Subscriptions.
- In the upper-right corner, select Settings, then scroll down to Integrations.
- Select the Explore integrations button, then select Connect in the Postscript card.
- Select the green Connect button, then click Postscript.
- Add your private API key from earlier in this article, then select Validate.
- Select Finish Installation to complete the setup, then click Done.
- Once you've configured Postscript in Awtomic, you can choose specific events to pass from Awtomic to Postscript.
Create an Awtomic-Specific Automation
- From your Postscript Dashboard, select Messages; then select Automations.
- Select Create Automation in the upper-right corner. Select Create Automation Flow.
- Select Create a new automation, then Create flow.
- Name your automation. Be sure to use a name that will allow you to easily identify and track this automation in the future.
- Select the dropdown menu under Add a subscriber when, then choose your Awtomic trigger.
- Continue customizing your automation flow by dragging and dropping actions into your flow, customizing your message, and adding merge tags.
When you're ready to send your flow, select Schedule or Activate in the top-right corner of the page. You have two options when sending a flow:
- Activate immediately: This option will immediately begin the flow allowing subscribers to enter the automation based on the selected properties.
- Activate at a scheduled time and date: Choose when you'd like the flow to begin allowing subscribers to enter.
Understanding Awtomic-Specific Events
|The subscriber has successfully created a new subscription.
|A prepaid subscription is set to expire when the the order fulfillment is complete (e.g., a subscriber purchased a three-month subscription and their third shipment was received).
|Subscription Order Skipped
|The subscriber has successfully skipped their upcoming subscription order.
|Subscription Billing Attempt Upcoming
|The subscriber's card on file will soon be charged.
|Subscription Billing Attempt Success
|The subscriber's card on file was charged.
|Subscription Billing Attempt Failure
|The subscriber's card on file was declined.
|The subscriber's previously paused subscription has been reactivated.
|The subscriber has successfully canceled their subscription.
|The product the customer is subscribed to is currently out of stock.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.