Postscript popups continue to be a powerful (and compliant) way to collect SMS subscribers. But did you know that in addition to collecting phone numbers, you can also configure your Postscript popup to collect email? And if you have an active Cordial integration, you can send that email data to Cordial.
Before We Begin
It's important to make sure your account is set up to properly pass data from Postscript to Cordial. Please review the following items before getting started.
- In order for data to properly pass from Postscript to Cordial, please ensure the integration is configured correctly.
- Make sure your Postscript popup is set up to collect emails and custom properties. View these guides if you need support updating your desktop popup or mobile popup.
- Ensure you've selected a Cordial list to forward Postscript popup-collected emails to. We discuss this in more detail below.
- Finally, in order for custom properties to be forwarded to Cordial, the Attribute Key in Cordial needs to be pre-defined. We also discuss this in more detail below.
Forward Emails from Postscript Popups to Cordial Lists
To send custom properties to Cordial subscriber profiles, select a Cordial list for forwarding Postscript popup-collected emails.
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
- Select the popup that you'd like to forward emails from to Cordial.
- Under the popup name, select the + Add Step/Custom Step tab. When you select + Add Step, you are able to add an additional step for subscribers to enter their email address. You can also use this second step to collect custom properties.
- When collecting emails, you can toggle the Forward to email app option ON and select which list you'd like to forward the collected emails and custom properties to.
Defining Contact Attributes Fields in Cordial
The corresponding property in Cordial called Contact Attributes needs to be pre-defined before forwarding custom properties. Then, the custom property within Postscript needs to be the exact same as the associated Attribute Key name within Cordial.
- From your Cordial admin, select Data on your left-side navigation panel.
- Select Contact Attributes and identify how each attribute is named within the Attribute Key column. Keep in mind, this subscriber property needs to be verbatim what's listed as the subscriber property in Postscript.
Set Up Custom Property Collection in Postscript
Under the Form card within the popup editor, you can customize the questions for your popup.
- Within your popup, you can select Add Question to add a question to your popup. Choose if you'd like subscribers to answer this question via freeform text, multiple choice, or by entering a date.
- Within the first field, craft your question copy (for example: what's your main skin concern? or when is your birthday?).
- If adding a multiple choice option, be sure to add the options. You can add up to four.
- Under Subscriber property, add the property name that you added to your Cordial account earlier in this article (reminder: This subscriber property needs to be verbatim what's listed in Cordial under Attribute Key).
- Once your subscriber property is listed the same in Postscript as it is in Cordial, you can save your changes by selecting Save in the upper-right corner of the popup editor.
- When subscribers fill out your popup, their custom property will be sent to Cordial.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.