Personizely offers powerful marketing tools to engage with your site visitors so you can turn more browsers into customers. In this article, we'll guide you through how to configure the connection between Postscript and Personizely as well as connect a widget to your Postscript account.
Create a Postscript API Key
- Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select API.
- Select Create Security Key Pair on the right side of the page, then confirm your action by selecting Yes.
- Add a label to your API key so you can track where this API key is being used.
- Select Show in the Private Key column to reveal your API key. Copy this key or write it down—you'll need to enter it in Personizely later.
Create a Postscript Keyword
In this section, we'll walk you through how to create a Personizely-specific keyword that you can use to track Personizely-sourced sign-ups. The message you add to this keyword will be the message that subscribers receive when they opt into your SMS program.
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Keywords.
- Select Create Keyword in the top-right corner of the page.
- Name your keyword. Aim for something that will allow you to easily identify that this keyword is associated with your Personizely integration.
- Select Save Keyword.
- You can customize your keyword reply and add additional actions via + Add Action if desired. This reply will be the message your subscribers receive once they subscribe.
- Be sure to activate your keyword before adding it in Personizely.
Configure Postscript in Personizely
In order for collected phone numbers to properly flow into Postscript, you'll need to first enable the integration then configure the connection between your Personizely widget and Postscript. We'll cover both below.
1. From your Personizely dashboard, select Settings in the top navigation bar.
2. Within the Settings page, select the Integrations tab, then locate and select the Connect button next to Postscript.
3. Enter your Private API Key that you generated earlier in this article, then select Connect. The integration is now connected.
4. From your Personizely dashboard, select Widgets in the top navigation bar.
5. Find the widget you'd like to connect with Postscript, then select the pencil icon on the far-right to edit.
6. Select the step within your widget containing the phone number collection field, then select the pencil icon to edit. Note: It's important to collect phone numbers and email addresses on two separate steps. You can learn more here.
7. Paste the appropriate TCPA language (provided in the section below) in the Caption graph.
8. In the left-side panel, select the Add button to automate an action.
9. In the Add action popup, configure the settings as shown below (adding the keyword you generated earlier in this article), then select Save.
10. In the left-side panel, select the OK button, then select Save in the upper-right corner of the widget editor.
Your integration is now set up and Personizely-sourced phone numbers will now be added to your list in Postscript.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.