Postscript integrates with Skio, allowing you to share information between the two solutions. With Skio, you can offer your customers an elite subscription experience with passwordless logins, near-instant subscription management, and a white-glove customer portal.
In this article, we discuss how to configure the integration. Then, we'll guide you through how to create a Skio-specific automation and define Skio-specific automation triggers.
Create a Postscript API Key
Before configuring Postscript in Skio, you'll need to generate a private API key that you'll enter into Skio later. In this section, we'll walk you through how to generate your private API key.
- Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select API.
- Select Create Security Key Pair on the right side of the page, then confirm your action by selecting Yes.
- Add a label to your API key so you can track where this API key is being used.
- Select Show in the Private Key column to reveal your API key. Copy this key-- you'll need to enter it into Skio later.
Create a Postscript Keyword
To properly configure Postscript in Skio, you'll need to generate a keyword that you'll enter into Skio later. In this section, we'll walk you through how to create a keyword
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Keywords.
- Select Create Keyword in the top-right corner of the page.
- Name your keyword. Aim for something that will allow you to easily identify that this keyword is associated with your Skio integration.
- Select Save Keyword.
- You can customize your keyword reply and add additional actions via + Add Action if desired.
- Be sure to activate your keyword before adding it in Skio.
Configure Postscript in Skio
- From the Skio dashboard, select Integrations on the left-side navigation panel.
- Find the Postscript integration, then enter the keyword you've created for your Skio integration.
- Enter the private API key you generated inside Postscript from earlier in this article.
- Next, add a test user email. This email needs to be associated with an account in Postscript and have an active phone number in Postscript.
- Toggle the integration ON in the upper-right corner of the editor.
- Once the integration is activated, select the event triggers you'd like to add to your Postscript account by clicking the +Add event button.
- After adding each event, be sure to select Send Test. This step is essential in populating triggers in Postscript as trigger events will only be available in Postscript after the webhook has fired at least once.
Create a Skio-Specific Automation
- From your Postscript Dashboard, select Messages; then select Automations.
- Select Create Automation in the upper-right corner. Select Create Automation Flow.
- Select Create a new automation, then Create flow.
- Name your automation. Be sure to use a name that will allow you to easily identify and track this automation in the future.
- Select the dropdown menu under Add a subscriber when, then choose your Skio trigger.
- Continue customizing your automation flow by dragging and dropping actions into your flow, customizing your message, and adding merge tags.
When you're ready to send your flow, select Schedule or Activate in the top-right corner of the page. You have two options when sending a flow:
- Activate immediately: This option will immediately begin the flow allowing subscribers to enter the automation based on the selected properties.
- Activate at a scheduled time and date: Choose when you'd like the flow to begin allowing subscribers to enter.
Understanding Skio-Specific Automation Triggers
|Skio: Billing Reminder Notification||The subscriber order will soon be processed. With this trigger, you can use the SKIP keyword to allow subscribers to skip their next subscription order.|
|Skio: Billing Attempt Failed||The subscriber's card on file was declined.|
|Skio: New Subscription Created||The subscriber has successfully created a new subscription.|
|Skio: Subscription Cancelled||The subscriber has successfully canceled their subscription.|
|Skio: Subscription Next Billing Date Updated||The subscriber has successfully updated their billing date.|
|Skio: Subscription Reactivated||The subscriber's previously paused subscription has been reactivated.|
|Skio: Surprise and Delight Rule Applied||A surprise and delight rule has been applied to the next subscription order.|
|Skio: Subscription Item Out of Stock||The product the customer is subscribed to is currently out of stock.|
|Skio: Subscription Renewed||The subscription order was processed.|
|Skio: Card Expiration Notification||The subscriber's card on file has expired.|
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.