Postscript integrates with Novel, allowing you to share information between the two solutions.
Novel allows brands to easily embed shoppable, user-generated videos on any storefront page to facilitate the buying journey.
How a Novel Integration Benefits You
- Use Postscript-generated shortlinks in social videos to convert your social media followers into SMS subscribers.
- Leverage your highest performing social content to capture new SMS subscribers through videos on your website, email, or QR code.
Create an Opt-In Link
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select List Growth Tools.
- Locate Share your opt-in link and select Get Started to the right of this option.
- Choose a Keyword from the drop-down. We recommend you choose a keyword with a coupon associated with it. Users who opt-in using this link will be logged under this keyword.
- Select Create Page to create a landing page where desktop visitors can enter this phone number. Postscript will provide the necessary compliance language here.
- Set your Mobile Opt-In Message. When users on a mobile device select your opt-in link, it will launch their native mobile app with this message pre-populated.
- If your keyword is identical to the shop name included in your message, your link creation will error out. Please use a keyword that is not your exact store name.
- Select Get Link to generate the opt-in shortlink.
Don't forget to include the compliance language in the scene you are adding the opt-in link. If you are sharing the link in places where users are most likely on their mobile device (i.e., Instagram or TikTok), you will need to include this language as they will not be directed to the compliant landing page.
Alternatively, you can always create a dedicated landing page that will ensure identical opt-in experiences for both your mobile and desktop subscribers.
Add Your Postscript Short Link in Novel
1. From your homepage in Novel, select Create in the upper-right corner.
2. In the Novel studio, you will connect Postscript within a scene. To do so, select the Upload icon and follow the prompts to select a video.
3. Select the green App Store button, then select Postscript from the app store.
4. In the Button Text field, enter a call-to-action (For example, "Sign Up for SMS!").
5. In the Subscriber Link field, enter the shortlink you generated in part one of this article. Then select Save.
6. Select Preview in the upper-right corner to preview your video. Complete editing your video-- including adding TCPA compliance language (shown below). Then select Publish to launch the video.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.