Automations allow you to create multi-stage communications triggered by a certain event (e.g., subscribing to texts, abandoning a cart, etc.) Automations run automatically in the background and are a great way to keep customers engaged.
Why Clone an Automation
We understand that creating an automation from scratch can be time-consuming, which is why we've made it even easier to create automations with our clone automations feature.
- Create a copy of an automation and change the user filter. For example, if you have a Klaviyo Welcome Series automation with a specific form trigger, you can clone the series and assign a different form.
- Build a library of automations templates (ex: loyalty offer, customer winback, welcome series). Clone the template and adjust user filters, product links, and messaging.
- Run A/B tests on variations of an automation. Try different messages, promotions, or visuals and see which automations perform better.
Clone an Automation
- Select Automations in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
- Locate the automation you wish to clone and select Clone to the far-right of the automation row.
- Postscript will take you directly to the cloned automation's detail screen. Here you can edit details as needed.
Edit Cloned Automation Details
In this example, we have cloned a welcome series automation. We will want to make sure we change this automation so that a specific group of subscribers receives it.
- Rename your automation. Choose a new name that allows you to differentiate this automation from similar ones (ex: If you have multiple welcome series automations, include the keyword or filter in the name).
- Change the automation trigger, if necessary. Tell Postscript what action should trigger this automation to run.
- Define a user filter. A user filter allows you to further define which subscribers receive this automation. For example, here we've created an automation for subscribers who opt-in with a specific keyword. By defining the keyword as the user filter, we ensure only users who opt-in with this specific keyword receive this welcome series.
- Choose a cancellation trigger, if necessary. Tell Postscript when to take a subscriber out of the automation flow. For example, with a multi-stage welcome series, we would want a subscriber removed as soon as they start the checkout.
- Save. Select Save & Continue to Messages in the bottom-right corner of the page.
Edit Automation Message
Once you define your cloned automation's details, you can proceed to edit the automation message.
- Define message timing. Let Postscript know when you want the automation message to send. Here, our first message will send 2 minutes after a subscriber opts in to SMS messaging.
- Image or GIF. Add an image or GIF to increase engagement and click-through rates. (Note: Adding an image or GIF makes the message an MMS message.)
- Edit your message. Get creative with your message text! Personalize it to reflect your brand and customer. We recommend adding in an emoji or two, if appropriate!
Once you're done editing, select Save Automation in the bottom-right corner of the page. Your new, cloned automation is now set to run in the background.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.