Tip: Select any of the images in this article for a closer look.
In this article, we walk through how you can use P ostscript's Partner API to add subscribers.
Why Use Postscript Partner API to Add Subscribers
- Build your own custom subscriber form (ex: popups or forms).
- Build your own custom integration with another service and Postscript.
- Add subscribers you’ve collected elsewhere to Postscript.
Create a Keyword
Before you can use Postscript API to add subscribers, you need to create a keyword that will track opt-ins from the source.
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Keywords.
- Select Create Keyword in the top-right corner of the page.
- Name your keyword. Aim for something that explains what the keyword is for and any coupon included. For example:
- FLOWER20. A flower store with a 20% off coupon code.
- LABORDAY15. A store running a Labor Day Sale with a 15% off coupon code.
- BIKINI15. A women's swimwear store with a 15% off coupon code.
- POSTSCRIPTSMS. A code that includes the brand name.
- Choose whether to enable Include Coupon in Reply.
- We highly recommend you include a coupon with your keyword.
- To do so, select Yes from the drop-down and then enter the amount of the discount and whether is a percent or dollar value.
- Select Save Keyword.
- You can customize your Reply message and add additional actions via + Add Action if desired.
Use Postscript API to Add Subscribers
The Postscript API has a specific section on keywords and subscribers. To use the API to add a subscriber via your newly created keyword, you'll need to complete the following steps:
1. Use an API call to get the ID for the keyword you created
You can find specific instructions for this call in the Keywords section of our Partner API documentation. Head to Get Keywords.
2. Add subscribers to Postscript using the keyword ID in the API call
You can find specific instructions for this call in the Subscribers section of our Partner API documentation. Head to Create Subscriber with Keyword.
Compliance Language Requirements
Anywhere you are collecting subscriber information, you’ll want to be sure to add compliant language, like the below example. Learn more about text message compliance here.
Here's an example of compliant language:
You should now be able to use our API to add subscribers. If you want more information on Postscript's subscriber API, check out our Partner API docs.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.