Shopify allows you to view both SMS and Email marketing statuses within a customer's profile. To view customers who are subscribed to your SMS program at large, you can create a segment of SMS-subscribed customers in Shopify.
You may also consider using Shopify's segment tool to create a list of customers who are not subscribed to your SMS program in order to email those customers with an incentive to sign up for SMS and ultimately, increase your brand's SMS subscriber list.
How to Create a Segment of SMS Subscribers in Shopify
- Head to your store's Shopify admin.
- Select Customers on the left-side navigation panel.
- Click inside of the text box at the top of the page, then scroll down to find and selec the criterion SMS subscription status.
- Choose Is equal to as your segment property.
- Select Subscribed as your value.
- Press your keyboard's Enter key or click the Apply button on the bottom right of the text box to apply the criteria.
- Name your segment. Be sure to choose a name that will allow you to easily identify this segment in the future.
- Save by selecting the Save segment green button in the bottom right of the text box.
- To recall this segment, select the All Customers dropdown above the text box and select the appropriate segment.
List Growth Resources
- Convert email subscribers into SMS subscribers by growing your SMS list with email. Email subscribers have already invested in your brand's products and marketing making them ideal for joining your brand's SMS program.
- Grow Your List with an Opt-In Link. Make opting in easy for your customers by creating and sharing an opt-in link and landing page.
- Customize Your Opt-In Landing Page based on promotion, brand, or even seasonality.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.