We are so excited to share that you can now enable exit-intent popups for Desktop popups.
What to Know About Exit-Intent Popups
- An exit-intent popup is a popup that will trigger when a visitor moves their mouse off-page to exit the site.
- You can now configure a desktop popup to trigger only when an “exit intent” event occurs (e.g., a visitor moves their mouse off-page).
- When a popup is configured to trigger on exit intent, visitors only see the popup when they move their mouse off of the page, thus showing their intent to exit the site.
- Many brands successfully use exit-intent popups to offer site visitors an incentive to stay on the site and finish their shopping journey.
How to Enable an Exit-Intent Popup
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Popups.
- Select or create the desktop popup you would like to use as your exit-intent popup.
Select the dropdown menu under Popup Trigger and select Exit Intent.
- Note: When Exit Intent is selected, the Popup Delay option is not displayed.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Once you have set up your exit-intent popup, you’ll need to enable it. You can do this from the main popup page or from the specific popup page. Simply select the toggle next to the popup title so it is green and reads Enabled to the left of the toggle.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.