In the marketing world, teams use automations to automate repetitive tasks and communications. For example, brands might automate social media posts, ad campaigns, and even email campaigns.
You're probably familiar with abandoned cart emails—automatic emails that ecommerce brands use to reach out to shoppers who have left behind a cart full of items without completing the checkout process. An SMS automation is sending similar communications via a text.
With Postscript, shops can create single or multiple SMS or MMS message automations that will automatically send to subscribers when triggered by a specific event.
Different SMS Automations
|Automation||Event Trigger||Message Contents|
|Abandoned Browsing Session||Shopper clicks on item(s) in your shop, but doesn't start a checkout.||Include a picture of a browsed item, a link back to the store, and/or encourage them to ask any questions they have about the item.|
|Abandoned Cart||Shopper starts but does not complete the checkout process.||Include a dynamic photo of a cart item, offer an incentive, and/or link them directly to their abandoned cart.|
|Shipping Notifications||A customer's order ships, is out for delivery, and/or has been delivered.||Include tracking IDs, the shipping carrier name, a link to their tracking page, and/or a fun celebratory GIF.|
|Post-Purchase Follow-Up||Customer placed an order with your shop.||Recommend a related purchase (cross-sell), ask for a review, share your social accounts or community, or share product how-to's, recipes, or a blog post.|
|Welcome Series||Subscriber opts into SMS messages from your shop.||Include a welcome message, information about your brand and mission, and/or offer a welcome incentive.|
|Winback||A customer hasn't placed an order in X days, etc.||Let customers know about new products and/or offer an incentive to encourage another purchase.|
Real-Life Customer Automations
Want to see some automations in action? Check out the below automation messages sent by Postscript merchants to their subscribers.
Learn More About Automations
Learn more about Postscript automations with the resources linked below!
- Jumpstart Your SMS Strategy with Automations. We've identified core automations you can enable today to start engaging and building rapport with new subscribers.
- Create an Automation. Learn the basics of creating an automation from scratch.
- Automation Templates. Want to hit the ground running? Postscript has a whole library of automations with triggers and example messaging ready for you to make your own!
- Customize Your Message. Explore the many ways to can customize your automation messages to reflect your brand's voice and personality.
- Fantastic Texts. Need inspiration? Check out more real-life examples and see how other brands engage their subscribers using automations.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.