Popups are a powerful way to grab attention and engage users who visit your website on their mobile devices.
In this article, we walk through how to create a simple "tap to subscribe" opt-in experience for your mobile visitors.
Why Create a Two-Touch Experience
- Create a simple "tap to subscribe" experience for your mobile visitors.
- Seamlessly push subscribers who opt-in via an OptiMonk popup into Postscript.
- Organize these subscribers under the desired keyword for future segmentation.
Generate a Link in Postscript
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select List Growth Tools.
- Locate Convert your email list and select the blue Get Started button to the right.
- Choose which Keyword you wish the subscribers to be opted-in under.
- Select Get Link.
- Once Postscript generates a link, select the Copy icon to the right of the URL to copy it.
Add Postscript Link to OptiMonk Popup
- Select Campaigns from the side menu of your OptiMonk dashboard.
- Locate and select the popup (campaign) you wish to edit.
- Select the call-to-action button to populate the Edit Button side menu.
- From the On Click drop-down, select Redirect.
- In the URL field, enter or paste the URL you copied from Postscript.
- Save your changes.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Since your two-touch experience will auto-populate a message draft in your subscriber's phone, your popup must display proper TCPA compliance language.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
You should now be all set with your two-touch mobile OptiMonk popup!
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.