Shops using a toll-free number (TFN) cannot customize their HELP keyword response (i.e., Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Msg & Data rates may apply). Network carriers control and send this response.
Shops using a dedicated short code can, however, include the email address listed in the shop's Shopify profile. For example, Postscript Roots: Help at email@example.com or 833-27100834. Msg&data rates may apply.
Here's how shops on a dedicated short code can update the email address included in the reply:
- Select Settings in the bottom-left corner of your Shopify dashboard.
- On the Store Details tab, located the Store contact information section.
- Edit the email in the Store contact email to reflect the email you wish to be included in your HELP keyword reply.
- Timeline for a Dedicated Short Code. Learn more about the timeline for receiving a dedicated short code.
- Dedicated Short Code Audit Compliance Checklist. Learn more about the compliance requirements the Postscript and carriers review during the short code application process.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.