Campaign flows are the perfect way to send multi-message campaigns to a specific customer segment or your entire subscriber base. With Flow Builder, you can easily visualize and build your flow, add delays between messages, and schedule a start date for sending.
Why Send a Product Launch Campaign Flow
- Create hype and excitement around an upcoming product release or drop.
- Send launch campaigns to your entire subscriber base or to a specific segment (e.g., brand enthusiasts or customers who have purchased a similar item in the past).
- Lean into urgency once the product launches to convert sales (i.e., These items are going fast. Get yours before they're gone!)
How a Product Launch Campaign Flow Looks
Here are some example touchpoints for a product launch campaign flow. Note that with each of these, Flow Builder allows you to define the time between each message. You can choose from minutes, hours, or days.
Message 1. Tease your new product.
- We've got a secret, and it's a good one! 🤫 Keep an eye out for something exciting coming your way! 👀
Message 2. Introduce the product and let subscribers know the date/time of the drop.
- Mark your calendars! 🗓 We're launching a new line of vegan lipstick! 💄 These gorgeous shades drop on October 15 at 10 AM EST.
Message 3. Announce your product drop.
- The moment has finally arrived! 🎉🎉🎉 Shop our new line of lipsticks before they're gone! 💋
Message 4. Create a sense of urgency to convert more customers.
- These shades are flying off the shelves FAST! Get yours before they're gone!
Message 5. Follow up with one last message (and maybe a sweeter offer).
- Psst, we saved something special just for you! Use LIPSTICK20 to get your hands on our latest lipstick. Discount is valid today only, so hurry! 🏃🏻♀️
Create Your Campaign Segment
You can create a new segment for your product launch campaign flow, or use an existing one. Once you activate a flow, new subscribers cannot be added to the campaign. However, after each message sends, Postscript will re-evaluate the segment and remove subscribers who have purchased your product(s).
For the below segment, we're choosing to create a segment that will ensure our campaign continues to send to those subscribers who haven't purchased our launched item. When the campaign first launches, that will be all of our subscribers, but once they purchase the item, Postscript will remove them from the campaign.
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Segments.
- Select Create Segment in the top-right corner of the page.
- Give your segment a name. We recommend you include that the segment is for the launch of a specific product (or products).
- Choose Purchased Product Names from the first filter drop-down, then Does Not Include from the second.
- In the final drop-down, select the product you are launching.
- Select Save Segment in the bottom-right corner of the page.
Create Your Campaign Flow
Building out your product launch flow is easy with Flow Builder's drag and drop functionality. This allows you to visualize your message series and any delays you wish to include between messages.
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Flow Builder.
- Select Create Flow in the top-right corner of the page.
- You can name your flow and enter a description in the top-left corner of your flow.
- Select your product launch segment from the Set Up Trigger drop-down.
- At this time, you can add a Send Message and Wait block to your flow. Simply drag either step to the + Add Step bubble in the flow you're building.
- Send Message: Craft a text message as part of a flow. You can include an image or GIF and add emojis. A Send Message block is required to activate a flow.
- Wait: Add a time delay between other steps (like a Send Message step). You can set the wait time to minutes, hours, or days.
- Once you are satisfied with your flow, you can select Save Flow in the top-right corner of the page.
- If you're ready to send your flow, select Activate in the top-right corner of the page. You can choose to activate your flow immediately or kick it off at a later date and time.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.