Shopify offers the ability to create an entire brand and shopping experience within Shopify--from About Us and Contact Us pages to product galleries and checkout.
Some brands, however, choose to host the front end of their store separate from Shopify (e.g., WordPress, ClickFunnels, etc.). This type of shop is commonly referred to as a "headless shop."
If your brand is considered a "headless shop", please know that in order for Postscript to work for your shop, it's important to add the Postscript software development kit (SDK) to your shop's code.
About Postscript SDK
Our SDK code contains our desktop and mobile popups, our opt-in checkbox for checkout, and TCPA-compliant language.
In order for these items to display and work properly, you will need to include our SDK in the script for each page where an opt-in method will live or appear (e.g., popups, embedded forms, landing pages, checkout, etc.)
You can add it manually, as we'll walk through below, or you can use a tag manager solution, such as Google Tag Master.
Add Postscript SDK
- Open the file that contains the code for the page where your popup, form, etc. will appear.
- Locate the <head> section. Beneath the <head> tag, paste the following code:
<script async src="https://sdk.postscript.io/sdk.bundle.js?shopId=XXXX"></script>
- Replace XXXX with your Postscript Store ID. This ID is not your store name, but a numerical number.
- You can locate your store ID in your account settings. Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Settings.
- Create and send subscribers your contact card to encourage them to save your contact information and promote conversational commerce. Learn how to create your contact card here.
- Customize your attribution windows so you can better understand your SMS conversions. Get started here.
- Adjust your global UTM parameters to track traffic to your site from your SMS automations and campaigns. Learn more here.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.