From costumes, candy, and pumpkin carvings to bonfires and parties, Halloween is a fun holiday and the perfect opportunity to engage your customers through spell-binding, possibly frightening, and engaging SMS campaigns!
Why You Should Consider a Halloween Campaign
- Halloween consistently ranks in the top 5 amongst most marketing surveys as one of the most popular and lucrative holidays of the year, bringing in billions of dollars in revenue in the US alone.
- SMS gets straight to a customer’s mobile inbox with an open rate that is as high as 98%, making it a perfect opportunity to personalize a message or offer specific product recommendations. You can even host a fun contest!
- Halloween is a fun holiday that allows consumers to get creative and express themselves, which is an ideal opportunity to dive into conversational commerce through SMS. Don't miss out on the fun!
Create a Halloween Campaign
Here at Postscript, we want to help you take advantage of Halloween so we've created three example campaigns you can recreate on your own. Learn how to create a general campaign here, and watch the video below to learn about creating a Halloween campaign.
If you work with a Postscript CSM, you can let them know you want these campaigns enabled in your store(s) and they'll take care of it for you.
Here are some recommended considerations for your Halloween campaigns:
- Use these campaigns to test ahead of Halloween. Try out different approaches, like an MMS vs SMS campaign, and send each campaign to a different A/B testing group.
- Get specific with segments and products. Play up personalizations either with a specific customer segment (i.e., new vs. returning customers) or with products.
- Try out different calls to action (CTAs). Offer limited-time offers or deadlines on a promotion code (i.e., Offer ends tonight) and see which has a better engagement rate.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.