Growing your subscriber list is an essential part of a strong SMS strategy, and Postscript offers several creative ways to add SMS list growth opportunities throughout your marketing efforts. By using a dedicated landing page to grow your list, you can:
- Ensure compliant SMS subscriber collection.
- Embed the form on your website making it easy for visitors to continue to your shop and browse your products.
- Link to this dedicated landing page in emails and social stories, posts, and bios.
In this article, we are going to introduce growing your list using a dedicated landing page on your website.
Create a Dedicated Landing Page
To have a dedicated landing page, you'll need to create a specific page within your website where you can embed your opt-in form. You may be able to create this page yourself, or you may need to reach out to the team that manages your website and have them create the page for you.
Here are some example page names and extensions:
You can create an opt-in link to use for list growth by selecting Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then selecting List Growth Tools. Locate Share Your Opt-In Link and select the Get Started button. From the Choose a Keyword drop-down, select the keyword for the landing page you wish to edit (tip: use a unique keyword so you can clearly track list growth attributed to this landing page).
Locate Embed Form Code
- From your Shopify Admin, select Online Store in the left-side navigation panel.
- Below Online Store, select Pages.
- Select the desired landing page that you generated within Postscript (tip: you can ID the landing page you're looking for by the keyword. In the example above, the keyword is HONEYBEEE10).
- Within the Content card, select the <> </> icon.
- This is the source code for your embed form.
Embed a Compliant Opt-in Form
Once you have a dedicated page created, you'll want to create and embed a compliant opt-in form. We created the below example using Klaviyo, but you can create an embedded form using other marketing platforms.
- Have a clear call to action that tells the visitor what the form is for.
- Provide a phone number field where they can opt-in.
Once you create the form, copy the embedded form code snippet and add it to the dedicated landing page you created. Again, you may need to reach out to the team that manages your website and have them add this code for you.
The Dedicated Landing Page Experience
The biggest win for a dedicated landing page is to provide a consistent opt-in experience no matter where you link the form. For example, if you link the form in an Instagram swipe-up story, bio, or post, a follower will be directed to a compliant opt-in form on both a desktop and mobile device.
Check out this customer. It's the same link on both a desktop and mobile device.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.