Growing your subscriber list is an essential part of a strong SMS strategy. The best and easiest way to grow your SMS subscriber list is to enable both your Postscript desktop and Postscript mobile popup as soon as possible.
Popups are a powerful way to grab attention and engage users who visit your website on their desktop and mobile devices.
With popups, you can offer your customers a discount, giveaway, or VIP membership in exchange for their phone number. Both desktop and mobile popups require compliant opt-in language but don't worry—with Postscript popups, we've got you covered.
Why You Want to Enable Your Postscript Popups
- Easily collect SMS (and email!) subscribers on desktop and mobile devices.
- Subscribers instantly appear in Postscript, meaning you can start sending out automations and campaigns right away.
- Use your popup to offer discounts, promote a giveaway or contest, or invite subscribers to join your exclusive VIP club.
- Know you're always 100% compliant with the right language and collection process.
Enable Your Desktop and Mobile Popups
- Select Popups in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
- Select the toggle beside Desktop so it is light blue and displays as Enabled.
- Select the toggle beside Mobile so it is light blue and displays as Enabled.
That's it! Your desktop and mobile popups are now active, 100% compliant, and ready to collect SMS subscribers. You can learn more about how to edit and customize your popups to show the voice and tone of your brand below.
Compliance is a priority at Postscript. With popups, there are two ways to ensure compliance: include TCPA-compliant opt-in language and enable double opt-in.
TCPA-Compliant Opt-In Language
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors they are opting-in to SMS messaging from your store. At Postscript, we hard code compliance language into the popups you use.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
Enable Double Opt-In
With double opt-in, subscribers will receive a "Reply Y to subscribe" text message after they enter their phone number. Not only does this allow them to confirm they've opted-in to receive your messages, but it helps detour spam and incorrect phone numbers. This keeps your subscriber list clean.
- Select your shop name in the top menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Account from the drop-down.
- Locate Require Confirmed Opt-Ins, sometimes called Double Opt-Ins, on Checkout and Integration subscribers and select Edit beside the checkbox.
- Select the checkbox, then select Save.
Get Creative with Popups
When it comes to popups, it's important to get creative. Postscript provides several options through our popup editor and CSS editor that let you customize your popups so they match the voice and feel of your brand.
- For Desktop Popups:
- For Mobile Popups:
We also recommend that you test out different appeal approaches to see what performs best with your popup. Beyond the look and feel of your popup, you can try out different messages and offers.
- Does a discount code convert more subscribers?
- Would your customers engage with a mystery offer?
- What about exclusive membership to your VIP or "first look" club?
Tap into your customers' curiosity or sense of urgency, then look at your subscriber collection over time to see what periods brought in the most subscribers.
Postscript integrates with several platforms that offer popup design. With these integrations, it's easier than ever to design an engaging popup while also collecting SMS subscribers in Postscript.
- Justuno. Choose from templates or create your own interactive popup experiences.
- Klaviyo. Use Klaviyo popups to collect email and SMS information in one experience.
- Wheelio. Create engaging "spin-to-win" interactive popup experiences for your customers.
- ViralSweep. Create sweepstakes, contests, and giveaways for your shop.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.