Tip: Select any of the images in this article for a closer look.
Postscript integrates with Prehook, allowing you to share information between the two solutions. You can enable and manage your Prehook and Postscript integration through the Prehook app page in your Shopify store.
Prehook makes it easy to create engaging quizzes that help deliver a personalized shopping experience for your customers. Quizzes allow you to discover what your customers are looking for so you can provide the perfect product recommendation.
Why You Should Use Prehook
- Create interactive quizzes that deliver personalized product recommendations.
- Collect SMS subscribers at the end of the quiz. These subscribers flow through to Postscript.
- Quiz results and product recommendations can help you create personalized campaigns and customer segments.
Locate Your Postscript API Key
If you have created a quiz in Prehook for SMS subscriber collection, then you will need to link it to Postscript using Postscript's API key. You can locate this API key by selecting your store name in the top menu and choosing API from the drop-down list.
The API page lists your public Postscript API keys plus any private API keys you've created for other integrations.
- Create an API key. You'll need to create a new private API key for your Prehook integration. Select Create Security Key Pair to generate the new pair of public and private API keys.
- Copy your private API key. You need to copy the private API key for your Prehook quiz. Select Show beside the private key and copy the key.
Configure Your Prehook Integration in Shopify
Once you have your private API key, log into your Shopify store. Select Apps in the left menu, then select Prehook: Quiz Funnels from the integrations listed.
Select the name of the quiz you created. This takes you to quiz design and builder flow.
- Integrations. Jump to the integrations step by selecting (4) Integrations in the workflow at the top of the page.
- Edit. Select Edit to the far right of Postscript to access the setup screen.
- Enter your Postscript Private Key. Paste the private API key you copied from Postscript into the field provided.
- Select a Keyword. Select a keyword from the drop-down list. You can create a new keyword for this quiz, or select the one you've used for a previous quiz.
Create a new keyword if:
- This is a new quiz and you want Postscript to keep track of which subscribers opt-in via this quiz.
- You want to be able to target subscribers from this quiz with a specific welcome series, automation, or campaign.
Link to an existing keyword if:
- You've created a new quiz design and simply wish to replace the older design.
Note: Once you have entered your Postscript API key on one form, Prehook stores the API key for future quizzes. However, you will still need to select a keyword for each quiz.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
We recommend you include the following language beneath the field you use to collect phone numbers:
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.