Tip: Select any of the images in this article for a closer look.
Postscript integrates with Wisepops, allowing you to share information between the two solutions.
Wisepops helps you design engaging and interactive popups, banners, and forms that support your marketing goals. By linking your Wisepops account with Postscript, you can collect SMS subscribers through these Wisepops tools.
Why You Should Enable Wisepops
- Create a "Spin to Win" popup experience to collect SMS subscribers.
- Enable both desktop and mobile popups, forms, and banners.
- Choose from 60+ templates (or create your own from scratch).
Create a Postscript API Key
- Select your Shop Name in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select API.
- Select Create Security Key Pair on the right side of the page, then confirm your action by selecting Yes.
- Select Show in the Private Key column to reveal your API key. Copy this key or write it down—you'll need to enter it in Wisepops later.
Sync Your Wisepops Popup with Postscript
Once you have copied your Postscript private API key, you can sync a Wisepop popup, form, or banner.
Log in to your Wisepops account and select the popup, form, or banner you wish to link.
- Phone field. Select the phone field within the popup, form, or banner.
- Sync tab. Highlighting the phone field brings up the Sync tab. Select Postscript from the integrations list on the left side of the popup.
- API Key. Paste your Postscript private API key in the popup, then select Submit.
Your last step is to select a keyword or list in Wisepops. You can create a new keyword for this list, or select the one you've used for a previous campaign.
Create a new keyword if:
- This is a new form or popup and you want Postscript to keep track of which subscribers opt-in via this form or popup.
- You want to be able to target subscribers to this form with a specific welcome series, automation, or campaign.
Link to an existing keyword if:
- You've created a new popup or form design and simply wish to replace the older design.
Note: Once you have entered your Postscript API key on one form, Wisepops stores the API key for future forms with a phone field. However, you will still need to select a keyword for each form.
Sync Your Form or Popup with Postscript and Klaviyo
You can use Wisepops to collect both phone and email contact information. To complete the below steps, you'll first want to ensure you have Wisepops installed in your Shopify Store.
Here's a quick video walkthrough. We break out the steps below.
Create a Two-Step Popup or Form
- Select the Phone input field block. This should open the Fields menu on the right side of the page.
- Select the plus sign at the bottom of the Fields menu to add an additional field (either phone or email).
- You can order which field appears first by dragging and dropping the fields.
- Select the Button tab at the top of the menu.
- Enable the Multi-step Form toggle.
- Under Submit, select which action should happen once the subscriber submits their information.
Since your form or popup is linked to Postscript, the phone number information will flow through to Postscript and create a subscriber.
Enable Klaviyo to Collect Emails from Shopify
While the SMS information will go to Postscript, the subscriber's email information will flow through to Shopify where it will create a new customer record.
You can set up Shopify to push new customer record emails to Klaviyo through your Integrations tab in Klaviyo.
- Select Integrations in the side menu of your Klaviyo dashboard.
- Locate and select Shopify from the integrations listed.
- Below Collect Subscribers, select the Collect email subscribers checkbox.
- Choose which Klaviyo list you wish to assign the email to in the drop-down provided.
- Select Update Settings in the bottom-right corner of the page.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
We recommend you include the following language beneath the field you use to collect phone numbers:
You should be all set to get started with Wisepops!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.